Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats

This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share a commission.

These healthy Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats make the most delicious breakfast or quick snack. Make a few jars and let them sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight! These are great grab-and-go eats!

When your hubby eats overnight oats almost daily, you rotate different kinds to keep it interesting. Try my Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats or my Apple Pie Overnights Oats next!

Side shot of a jar of oats.

Overnight Oatmeal

Oatmeal is a constant here, and I keep a large stock of old fashioned oats in my pantry. I make Mike’s breakfast in bulk (as in I make a bunch at a time and store in the refrigerator) and rotate between overnight oatmeal and Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats (with craisins and cinnamon).

In addition to oatmeal, we keep a stash of granola in the freezer for our fruit and yogurt bowls. Our two favorites are Homemade Cranberry Nut Granola and my latest obsession, my Healthy Chocolate Granola Recipe. I totally recommend storing granola in the freezer, not only for the freshness factor but because the TASTE is better cold! Trust me on this.

Let’s talk about THIS oatmeal recipe now that I’ve got all that other stuff covered. 😀 It’s just so many things.

  • Healthy – Contains zero refined sugars and lots of fiber and protein.
  • Simple – Just combine the ingredients (except the yogurt), and add two layers. Easy peasy!
  • Tastes like a pumpkin treat! Yup, this one is a fun pumpkin-y spin on breakfast!
Side shot of pumpkin overnight oats, with pecans.

Ingredients Used

I keep these ingredients stocked in my pantry and refrigerator because they are regularly used. Since we enjoy so much oatmeal, I buy it in bulk!

  • Greek Yogurt – I like to use vanilla Greek yogurt for this recipe. But you could use plain as well.
  • Oatmeal – I almost always use old fashioned oatmeal in my recipes.
  • Chia Seeds – Chia seeds add some excellent nutrition in these oats.
  • Pumpkin Pie Spice – The spice I love keeping handy for all of my fall recipes!
  • Salt – Just a pinch of kosher salt is all you’ll need.
  • Milk – Use any kind of milk that you normally drink.
  • Pumpkin Puree – It’s so handy to keep stocked.
  • Pure Maple Syrup – For a sweetener. You could substitute honey, if you prefer it.
  • Pecans – You’ll just need a little bit of toasted pecans for the topping. Plus a sprinkle of cinnamon!

How to make Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats

This will take you 15-20 minutes, depending on whether or not you add the layers. If you’d rather not take the extra step, just mix all of it together instead!

  1. Prep the yogurt. Mix the yogurt, with one teaspoon of pumpkin puree and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Stir well.
  2. Combine the dry ingredients. In a mixing bowl, combine the oatmeal, chia seeds, pumpkin pie spice, and kosher salt.
  3. Add the wet ingredients. Pour in the milk, pumpkin puree, and pure maple syrup. Stir well.
  4. Layer. Divide the yogurt mixture into three 8 oz. jars. Then carefully add the oatmeal mixture.
  5. Add toppings. Add a bit of toasted pecans and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.
  6. Store. Store the oatmeal in the refrigerator for at least two hours, or overnight.
Overhead shot of four jars of overnight oatmeal.

Pumpkin Questions

  • What kind of canned pumpkin should I buy? Use canned pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling. The pumpkin puree is just simply pumpkin, while the pumpkin pie filling has additional sweetener and spices that make it ready to make a pumpkin pie.
  • Is pumpkin puree healthy? Yes, pumpkin puree is packed with nutrients, including potassium, vitamin A and C, iron, and calcium. It also has fiber, and is low in calories.

How to make Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice

There are several different methods to making your own version of pumpkin spice! Here are the spices you can play with to come up with your favorite combination. I recommend using about 75% cinnamon in your ratio, and then adding the others to equal the remaining 25%.

  • cinnamon
  • ginger
  • cloves (or allspice)
  • nutmeg

Other Pumpkin Recipes to try next

Or try these healthy Pumpkin Energy Balls!

Closeup on a jar of pumpkin oats.

Kitchen Tools Used: (affiliate links)

xoxo ~Sue

Side shot of a jar of oats.

Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats

Sue Ringsdorf
These healthy Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats make the most delicious breakfast or quick snack. Make a few jars and let them sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight! These are great grab-and-go eats!
No ratings yet
Prep Time 15 mins
Course Breakfast
Cuisine American
Servings 4 Servings
Calories 284 kcal

Ingredients
  

  • 1 cup Greek yogurt
  • 3 cups old fashioned oatmeal
  • 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 ¼ cup milk
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
  • 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
  • 2 Tablespoons pecans – toasted
  • cinnamon sprinkle – to serve

Instructions
 

  • Mix the yogurt with a teaspoon of pumpkin puree and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Stir well.
  • Add the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl – the oatmeal, chia seeds, pumpkin pie spice, and kosher salt. Stir, and then add the milk, pumpkin puree, and maple syrup. Stir again.
  • Layer the jars. Add the yogurt mixture evenly in the bottom of four 8 oz. jars. Then add the oatmeal mixture evenly as well. Top with some toasted pecans and another sprinkle of cinnamon.
  • Place lids on jars and store in the refrigerator for two hours up to overnight. We keep them for a few days and they are still delicious!

Notes

  • Instead of layering these oats, you can just mix it all together and add to jars!
  • There are several different methods to making your own version of pumpkin spice! Here are the spices you can play with to come up with your favorite combination. I recommend using about 75% cinnamon in your ratio, and then adding the others to equal the remaining 25%.

Nutrition

Calories: 284kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 15gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 86mgPotassium: 501mgFiber: 5gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 5033IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 274mgIron: 2mg
Keyword pumpkin spice overnight oats
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recipe Rating