Chopped Greek Pasta Salad is the perfect salad to bring to your next potluck. Ditalini pasta is combined with chopped veggies, olives, chick peas, artichoke hearts, feta cheese, and a classic Greek vinaigrette. Prep this one ahead of time and let the flavors meld together!
Summer is here, and that means it’s time for all the gatherings. Backyard barbecues, potluck parties with friends, family reunions, and feeding loads of hungry kids. Let’s go summahhhhh!!! 😀
In our case, the nest is not empty. Our oldest son, the BIG eater, moved out, while our youngest (the snacker) moved home from college. It’s always a challenge trying to figure out how much food I should have available. I hate waste, so I am pretty conscientious about cooking smaller amounts during certain times. This salad is a reasonable size, but definitely double it (using the entire box of pasta) if you are serving a lot of extra people.
Ingredients needed for Chopped Greek Pasta Salad:
- Ditalini Pasta – This small pasta is perfect for a chopped salad, but orzo pasta would work too.
- Chopped Veggies – You will need English cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and red onion.
- Kalamata Olives – If you aren’t an olive fan (like my hubby), just omit these.
- Chick Peas – One of my favorite salad ingredients in the whole wide world!
- Artichoke Hearts – Use either marinated artichokes, or regular.
- Feta Cheese – This cheese is a staple here, and it’s good in almost any salad.
Greek Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Dijon Mustard
- Seasonings – ground oregano, salt and pepper
Pro-Tip: If the pasta leftovers soak up too much dressing, just add a few swirls of olive oil.
How to make Chopped Greek Pasta Salad:
This salad is super easy; trust me. You can prep the day before, and toss everything together whenever needed.
- Boil pasta. Cook the Ditalini noodles until al dente, using plenty of salt in the water for flavor.
- Chop all the veggies. You want them to be somewhat small in size, to go with the tiny pasta noodles.
- Prep the olives, artichoke hearts, and chick peas. Chop the olives and artichokes, and rinse and strain the chick peas.
- Make the dressing. Combine the olive oil, fresh lemon, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, and seasonings – and shake well.
- Combine. In a large bowl, toss together the the cooled pasta, the chopped veggies, olives, artichoke hearts, chick peas and feta cheese. Pour the dressing over top, and toss again until well coated.
- Serve. Serve this pasta salad with an extra swirl of olive oil, and some freshly ground black pepper.
This salad goes great with SO many things. Here are a few of my ideas, but feel free to venture out on your own.
- Blackened Salmon Burgers with Avocado Crema – Our recent salmon obsession. It’s super easy too!
- Barbecue Baby Back Ribs – This uses my super easy Best Dry Rub Seasoning that we use on so many things.
- Slow Baked Pulled Pork – Make this one when you are too tired to lift a finger. Seriously.
- Or just throw some chicken or a big steak on the grill, and call it good!
Enjoy all the festivities this time of year offers. I love summer (well, except for the heat)!
Make this pasta salad next: Best Italian Pasta Salad
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Chopped Greek Pasta Salad
For the salad:
- 1/2 pound Ditalini pasta (about 3.5 cups cooked) – cooked to al dente
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes – chopped
- 1 cup English cucumber – chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion – chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives – chopped
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts – chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas – rinsed and strained
- 1/2 cup feta cheese – crumbled
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 large lemon – freshly squeezed
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregeno
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Boil the pasta according to directions, making sure you flavor the water with salt. Cook until al dente, strain, and set aside to cool.
- Chop up the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and red onion. Strain the chick peas. Chop up the olives and artichoke hearts.
- Make the dressing, by combining all ingredients. Shake well.
- Comnbine the salad ingredients – the cooled pasta, the veggies, chick peas, olives, artichoke hearts, and feta cheese. Pour the dressing over top, and toss to combine.
- To serve, add some extra freshly ground black pepper, and a swirl of olive oil, if desired.