Honey Lemon Dressing
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share a commission.
Honey Lemon Dressing is a simple salad dressing and full of bright lemony flavor. Top your favorite pasta salads or other summer salads with this delicious tart-but-sweet dressing!
Best Lemon Dressing
You’ll almost always find a jar or two of homemade salad dressings in our refrigerator. I love making a large salad of some kind almost every week, and the key to delicious salads are the homemade dressings you top them with. These are such a great addition to your healthy eating plans.
Try our Creamy Italian Dressing, Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing, Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette, or our fav Tex-Mex dressing – a Chipotle Ranch Dressing! So many to choose from – which will you try first?
What You’ll Need:
This lemon dressing recipe is way better than store-bought dressings. An easy recipe with everyday ingredients to top an assortment of healthy recipes.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Honey – Just a small amount of honey is needed to sweeten this dressing. No added sugar is needed.
- Fresh Lemons – You’ll need a citrus press to squeeze fresh lemon juice from lemons. No bottled lemon juice please!
- Salt and Pepper
This Honey Lemon Dressing makes the perfect topper to our favorite Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad. The lemon adds freshness to the pasta and the honey adds just the right level of sweetness. Such a good salad combo for all of the summertime backyard barbecues.
How to make the best Honey Lemon Dressing:
Combine ingredients. In an 8 oz. (or larger) mason jar or a small bowl, combine the olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, honey, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper (to taste).
NOTE: Some people swear by using a mini food processor to make homemade dressings. But do what works best for you.
Shake. Shake the mason jar vigorously to combine the salad dressing.
Store dressing. If using the salad dressing within an hour or two, you can store the dressing on the countertop. If using the dressing in several hours or the next day, I suggest storing the salad dressing in your refrigerator until you’re ready to use it.
For best results, use this dressing within a week.
If the dressing thickens/separates in the refrigerator, set the jar on the counter for 30 minutes or so to come to room temperature. Then shake it well or until all the ingredients are well combined.
How to Use Honey Lemon Dressing:
Here are some of the salads that I use this lemon salad dressing with.
- Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad – A simple recipe that uses this tangy dressing in a delicious way.
- Chickpea Tuna Salad – One of our everyday salads.
- Salmon Quinoa Salad – We love the different flavors in this one.
- Shrimp Avocado Salad – A healthy salad with so much flavor.
- Summer Pasta Salad – A perfect addition to your summer backyard barbecues or any time of year.
Kitchen Tools Used: (affiliate links)
- Lemon Lime Squeezer
- Mason Jars – 8 oz. each – I have a variety of mason jars in different sizes for so many things.
Honey Lemon Dressing
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ large lemons – freshly squeezed
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Measure all ingredients and add to an 8 oz. mason jar (or larger).
- Shake vigorously to combine.
- Add to your favorite salads.
- If using the salad dressing within an hour or two, you can store the dressing on the countertop. If using the dressing in several hours or the next day, I suggest storing the salad dressing in your refrigerator until you're ready to use it.
This is such a light tasting, delicious dressing. We love it!
So happy to hear this!