Grilled Steak Kabobs with Vegetables combines a delicious steak marinade with sirloin, bell peppers and onions. Fire up your grill, pop open a beer, and let’s get this meal on your table soon!
This recipe is one I’ve been making forever, and was given to me by my late mother-in-law. I’ve also given the marinade recipe to many friends, so some of you may already have it. It has AMAZING flavor, and I really want all of you to try it!
When I make these kabobs, I think of my dad. One of his favorite activities was grilling. I can picture him now, with the Weber grill fired up, a paper towel hanging out of his pocket (we still giggle about this!), and a beer in hand. He always loved it when we were outside with him as he grilled. It was a time to chat about anything, and having a beer or cocktail in hand was the ultimate experience for him.
To this day, I still want to crack a beer when we are on the deck cooking, especially when it’s hot out. Cheers Dad!
Ingredients needed for Steak Kabobs with Vegetables:
- Steak – This recipe calls for sirloin steak, but others could be used as well.
- Oil – I used canola oil.
- Soy Sauce – I buy the lower-sodium version, always. It’s still delicious!
- Vinegar – Apple Cider vinegar is used, but I believe a regular distilled version would be ok.
- Seasonings – Use dried seasonings here, including minced onion, dried ginger, and garlic powder.
- Veggies – I used a variety of bell peppers for color, and one large yellow onion.
- Rice – Any kind of rice is great. I love using my instant pot to cook rice these days.
- Other Veggies (optional) – You could also include a variety of other veggies, like mushrooms, canned potatoes (because they cook quickly), zucchini squash, and cherry tomatoes.
How to make Grilled Steak Kabobs with Vegetables:
- Prep meat. Slice the meat into cubes, removing all visible fat. I usually cut into about one-inch cubes. Place in a ziplock bag.
- Mix marinade. In a mixing bowl, combine the marinade ingredients, including the canola oil, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, minced onion, dried ginger, and garlic powder. Mix well, reserve about 1/3 cup, and pour remaining marinade over meat, sealing the bag tightly afterward. Place in your refrigerator for at least two hours, or overnight if desired.
- Prepare veggies. Cut the bell peppers and onion into one-inch pieces. If using other veggies, prepare them too.
- Assemble kabobs. Using grilling skewers, thread all the veggies and steak, arranging however you like. Brush some of the marinade that the steak was soaked in over top all of the uncooked meat and veggies.
- Grill. Make sure your grill is nice and hot – at about 375-400 degrees. Place kabobs on grill, and turn occasionally until the meat is cooked through. This shouldn’t take too long, only about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve. Serve kabobs over some prepared rice, and a drizzle of the reserved marinade.
A few tips for the BEST Kabobs:
- You can pair these kabobs with a big bowl of rice, or even quinoa.
- Add other veggies, like cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and potatoes (even canned).
- Get a nice sear on the kabobs by cooking them over medium-high heat.
- If you don’t have metal skewers, you can use wooden ones – but make sure you soak them in water beforehand (so they don’t burn).
- I always use sirloin steak, but you could use other cuts as well.
- For best results, 😀 drink a beer (or two) while grilling these Steak Kabobs!
Kitchen Tools used for this recipe:
- Global 7-inch Knife – Favorite kitchen knife.
- Kabob Skewers – Used to grill the steak kabobs.
- Stainless-Steel Grill Tongs 17-inch – Our go-to tongs for grilling all the things.
Grill this recipe up next: Honey Sriracha Chicken Kabobs
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Grilled Steak Kabobs with Vegetables
For the meat:
- 2 pounds sirloin steak – cut into one inch cubes
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium red pepper – cut into chunks
- 1 medium yellow pepper – cut into chunks
- 1 medium green pepper – cut into chunks
- 1 large onion – cut into chunks
- other vegetables like potatoes, cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms – optional
For the meat:
- Prepare meat by cutting steak into one inch cubes. Trim all visible fat. Place in plastic freezer bag.
- Prepare marinade by mixing the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, minced onion, ginger, and garlic powder. Reserve about 1/3 cup and pour remaining marinade over steak and seal bag. Store in refrigerator for at least two hours – more if so desired.
- Clean and cut vegetables into chunks for the kabobs. Start outdoor grill.
- Prepare kabobs by arranging all meat and veggies on kabob utensils. You may want to group veggies by type of vegetable instead of mixing them. Some of them take more time to cook than the others.
- When grill is hot, grill all meat and veggies until done, turning several times to assure all of it is cooked through. Serve kabobs with rice, along with a bit of the reserved marinade.