I made my Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad for a party recently, and it was a hit. Fresh cheese-filled tortellini pasta, combined with feta cheese, kalamata olives, garbanzo beans, and tons of veggies – all topped with a delicious Greek vinaigrette!
Ever since I posted my Traditional Greek Salad recipe, I’ve been thinking of making a pasta version. So here it is. The dressing is pretty much the same in both recipes, and makes it delicious. Try either one and you will see!
I always think of My Big Fat Greek Wedding when I make Greek recipes. I LOVE that movie, and have watched it 20 times or so. I love their BIG family get-togethers and how they are always in each other’s business. It’s how I imagine my family to be – if we didn’t live in six different states! The characters make me laugh and I will never look at a bottle of Windex the same.
I also love Greek food so there is that.
This recipe is VERY large. Something you would make for a big party, or maybe a big fat Greek wedding. So feel free to cut the recipe down if you are making it for a smaller group.
Did you know you can adjust the quantities to any of my recipes by changing the number of servings? If you want to cut this in half, just change the 12 to 6 in the actual recipe and you will have the exact ingredients you need.
I used refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini in this Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad. They cook up super fast, so just make sure you don’t overcook them.
The other ingredients are usually ones I have on hand.
- garbanzo beans
- feta cheese
- kalamata olives
- cherry tomatoes
- red onion
- banana peppers (optional)
This is a great salad to make for a party, like I did. And the leftovers are great too, btw.
Make this salad next: Crunchy Curry Chicken Salad
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram.
Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad
For the pasta salad:
- 40 oz. package tortellini (two 20 oz. packages) – refrigerated version
- 1 cup english cucumber – sliced thin
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (variety) – sliced in half
- 1/4 cup red onion – sliced thin
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives – sliced in half
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans – rinsed and drained
- 1 cup feta cheese – crumbled
- 1/2 cup banana peppers – drained
For the Greek Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 large lemon – freshly squeezed
- salt and pepper – to taste
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions. Rinse, drain, and cool.
- Combine the cooled tortellini with the vegetables and other salad ingredients.
- Mix the vinaigrette by combining the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, mustard, sugar, garlic powder, lemon, and salt & pepper.
- Pour enough Greek Vinaigrette over the pasta salad to coat. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Add extra dressing right before serving. (You probably won’t need all of the dressing.)