Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies are chewy-gooey cookie bars, and are seriously the best. These are simple to make, don’t require a mixer, and are done in just 40 minutes or less!
When it comes to chocolate chip cookies vs peanut butter cookies, I’m a toss-up. I love them BOTH. So when you mix them together, I’m pretty much in heaven. GAAAHHH. But instead of making actual cookies, you press the dough into an 8×8 baking dish, and you get this.
- chocolate chip
- peanut buttery
I’m all in. And get this. They are EASIER than making actual cookies! No mixer required, and using parchment paper makes it simple to get them out of the dish.
I adapted my Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies recipe to make this one.
- Cut the recipe in half.
- Melted the butter instead of creaming it.
- Used brown sugar instead of a combo.
- Added peanut butter.
- Used regular chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate chunks.
- And of course, pressed the dough into an 8×8 pan.
You can adapt this recipe too.
- Use different candies. Instead of chocolate chips, use butterscotch, peanut butter, nuts, or dark chocolate chunks.
- Instead of crunchy peanut butter, use creamy for a smoother texture.
- Tailor it to a holiday and add colored m&ms that match the event.
- Make an even larger batch by doubling this one. Just change the serving size in the actual recipe.
Make ahead tip: Prep the cookie dough the day before, and then just press into the baking dish when ready to bake. Makes dessert quick and easy!
Freezing tip: You can freeze the dough for up to three months. Just remove and press into pan when softened.
My hubby likes things gooey, so I often times under-bake the cookies just a tad. But if you aren’t into the gooey, just bake longer. You may want to cover the dish for part of the baking time to keep the tops from getting too brown.
Thank you for following along, friends! 😀
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter – melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter – or use creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips – plus more for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, melt butter. Add peanut butter and stir well. Then add brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla, and mix again.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Pour into wet ingredients, and stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. Top with some extra chocolate chips and bake for approximately 25 – 30 minutes, or until bars are just done in the center.
- Remove from oven. Let cool and then cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Using parchment paper in the baking dish makes it easy to remove the blondies from the pan. Just lift them out and slice.
- If you like gooier blondies, bake for less. If you like them firmer, baking longer. You may want to cover the tops for part of the baking time.
- You can adapt the mix-ins for this recipe. Use different chips, or nuts, or m&ms, etc. You can also use a crunchy peanut butter or other nut butter.
- Tailor these for the holidays and use colored m&ms to match the event.