Norma Jean’s Easy Banana Bread is a classic banana recipe. Six whole pureed bananas and canola oil make this super moist and delicious EVERY time!
This is another recipe re-do. I posted this banana bread recipe in the beginning phase of blogging. It was my first recipe dedicated to my mom and the photos needed some love.
Because THIS recipe is love.
Mom made banana bread all the time. She made it into loafs, muffins, cake, and bars. You name it, she made it. This is one of those recipes that I’ve made forever, because it’s REALLY easy and delish (every time).
Ingredients for Easy Banana Bread:
Just seven ingredients plus chocolate chips or nuts – which are optional.
- baking soda
See? So easy. And I’ve NEVER had a dry loaf. You just bake it until a toothpick, when inserted, comes out clean.
A few Tips for making Epic banana bread:
- I always make this banana bread in my KitchenAid Mixer, because I like to puree the bananas instead of mashing with a fork. But you could use a hand mixer or even by hand, if you mash the bananas with some elbow grease.
- You can cut back on the sugar slightly if you’d like. Norma Jean’s recipe (this one!) has plenty, so feel free to adjust and test this out.
- You can make muffins or cake using this recipe. I often make JUMBO muffins just like Mom did back in the day.
- Feel free to add nuts or chocolate chips to this recipe. It’s good plain, but sometimes I like to change it up.
- I recently started making this bread in these loaf pans (you can use two OR three, but the baking time will vary), instead of disposable ones. I love these pans (made in the USA!) and now use them all the time.
- Watch your baking time. All ovens run slightly different, so make sure you test with a toothpick as it gets close to time.
There are SO many banana bread recipes on the net. But seriously, this one has never failed me. If you know me in person, you’ve probably tried this bread at some function or another.
The other reason I love it so, is because it’s one of the first baking recipes that Mom passed down to me. She had such a way in the kitchen, and it came so easy for her. Mom definitely gave me the cooking/baking gene, and I’m pretty happy about that. Because the kitchen is my favorite place to be.
Make this bread next: Honey Cinnamon Zucchini Bread
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Easy Banana Bread
- 6 over-ripe bananas
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2.5 cups white flour
- chocolate chips (optional)
- nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a stand-up mixer, puree the bananas in the mixer until runny.
- Add the sugar, oil, and eggs – and mix well.
- Add salt, baking soda, and flour and mix until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips and/or nuts if preferred.
- Pour into three loaf pans. (Or you can make muffins out of this batter as well.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes (depending on your oven) or until toothpick comes out clean. Don’t over-bake.