Easy Mustard Roasted Potatoes make dinnertime easy with just three simple ingredients (plus salt and pepper). The stone ground mustard packs a super flavor punch and will have you reaching for seconds!
Well, first off, this hardly seems like a recipe to me. I mean, THREE ingredients? BUT who would have thought that you could make the tastiest roasted potatoes so simply? It’s a little bit crazy and a whole lot genius.
Roasting veggies and potatoes is practically my life now. I use THESE baking sheets almost daily. Not so much for cookies (but yea, I make those enough too, says my hubby), but for healthy stuff like broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, carrots, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, yellow potatoes, zucchini, onion, spaghetti squash, and so on.
If it’s a veggie or a potato, I’m gonna roast it.
My simple method of roasting veggies and potatoes goes like this.
- Prepare the produce by washing and chopping it. Make sure you chop so that the pieces are similar in size. This will ensure even cooking, meaning all of it will be done at the same time.
- Drizzle liberally with good olive oil.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake on 400 until done, depending on the vegetable.
- If you have a convection oven (like I do), bake on 375 and watch carefully so that it doesn’t burn.
The real key to my Mustard Roasted Potatoes is the mustard. Make sure you use stone ground mustard (or whole grain works too). It’s somewhat grainy, and super flavorful, and you will want to keep it on hand for times when you need a quick and simple side dish.
My oldest son isn’t a big mustard fan. He wrinkled up his nose at the thought of mustard on his potatoes. But hey, he tried it, and he liked it. I think he even gave me permission to make it for him again. Score one for the momma.
So if you are wondering if this mustard-y thing is legit, I wholeheartedly say YES. Trust me.
These potatoes are a great side dish to so many things!
- a big ole steak,
- pulled pork (like my slow baked method)
- fish – tilapia or salmon
- or for a lighter meal, any salad or sandwich
Make these potatoes next: Baked Hasselback Potatoes
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Easy Mustard Roasted Potatoes
- 7 cups yellow potatoes – chopped
- 4 Tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray baking sheet with Pam, or line it with parchment paper.
- Chop yellow potatoes in bite sized pieces. Spread on baking sheet.
- Add mustard and olive oil to potatoes, and stir (with hands) to evenly distribute over the potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Chopping the potatoes in similar size will ensure they all get done at the same size.
- You can easily double the recipe and use two baking sheets.
- These potatoes are great as leftovers as well.