Easy Homemade Salsa is not just for snacking on with chips. You can put it on almost ANYTHING. Fresh and vibrant, this salsa has a kick that will knock your socks off.
As you can see from the photos below, making salsa is quick and easy. Just seven ingredients, and you literally just throw everything in the food processor and pulse. Done in a few secs. Easy peasy.
Yup, just SEVEN ingredients:
- red onion
- freshly squeezed lime juice
If you have a garden, be sure to use your home-grown tomatoes to make homemade salsa. I’ve tried to grow tomatoes in pots a couple of times. One year, I actually got about seven off of one plant. THAT was a big deal. Like I-had-a-party big deal. They usually just burn off as soon as July hits, so I’ve tabled tomato growing for now. Maybe if I tried a garden in the ground, I’d be successful. But then there is setting it up, bringing in dirt, planting, fertilizing, and watering. Lots of water.
I’m going to stick to the grocery stores or farmer’s markets instead.
The flavors of this easy homemade salsa get better after several hours in the fridge. The two jars I made should last up to one week – if we don’t devour it all before then.
Use salsa in SO many other ways, besides for just chips.
- Top your salad with salsa, or use it as a salad dressing (like in my Chicken Fajita Salad).
- Top your burrito bowls with salsa, like my fav, Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowls.
- Use it in your tostadas, as in my Ground Turkey and Bean Tostadas or my Huevos Rancheros Tostadas.
- Spoon some on your nachos, like on my Beef and Bean Nachos.
- Really, you can use this in any of my Tex-Mex Recipes.
Try it. You’ll like it, I promise!
Make this salsa next: Homemade Salsa Verde
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram.
A fresh and vibrant flavored salsa with a spicy kick!
- 6-7 large roma tomatoes (or any tomatoes in season) - cut in chunks
- 2 large jalapeños - one with seeds, one without seeds
- 1/4 medium red onion - cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup cilantro - loosely packed
- 3 cloves garlic - peeled
- 1 lime - freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Put all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until you have the right consistency.
Store in 2 jars or an air tight container in the fridge till serving. Lasts up to one week.