This Caramel Latte Recipe is the perfect chilly weather coffee. A better-than-Starbucks latte that combines strong coffee, milk, and the easiest caramel sauce. Top these with some frothed milk, an extra drizzle of caramel, and some toffee bits for the tastiest homemade latte!
Because if we do the math, that’s $2,190 for a year, and if you’re going through as a couple, just double that. WHOA, people!
Why we LOVE these lattes:
- A REAL caramel flavoring. No store-bought caramel syrup here. We’ve got the real stuff!
- Balanced flavors – not too sweet.
- Simple to make. You can also use your favorite milk of choice, including oat milk, soy milk,, coconut milk, almond milk, or a non-dairy milk.
- Cheaper (and better) than Starbucks! If you’re a fan of the Starbucks Caramel Latte or their Caramel Macchiato, you’ll love these too.
Ingredients needed for Caramel Lattes:
- Coffee – Use a double shot of espresso or some strong brewed coffee. You could also use your favorite cold brew coffee.
- Milk – I used 2% milk, but use your favorite milk.
- Caramel Sauce – 5-Ingredient Caramel Sauce is a ten minute recipe using simple ingredients that you need in your life right now. You’ll need about 1/4 cup for two lattes.
- To serve – Add some frothed milk or whipped cream, an extra drizzle of caramel sauce and some chocolate toffee bits for the BEST latte.
Ingredients needed for Homemade Caramel Sauce:
Yup, just five basic ingredients, friends! You will only need 1/4 cup of this sauce for the lattes, but it stores well, and you can use it on many other things – like my Apple Spice Cake, my Caramel Apple Cheesecakes, or my Applesauce Cinnamon Muffins.
- Water – Helps to liquify the sugar.
- Granulated Sugar – The best base for anything caramel. The sugar will turn a lovely amber color as it cooks.
- Heavy Cream – Use REAL heavy cream. No light or half and half versions allowed!
- Butter – I use unsalted butter for this sauce and in all of my recipes.
- Salt – I recommend a pinch of sea salt for caramel sauce.
How to make 5-Ingredient Caramel Sauce:
This caramel sauce is SO easy. Only 15 minutes or less to make, and unbelievably delish.
- Cook water and sugar. In a small pot, heat the water and sugar over medium heat. Stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved. Turn up the heat, bring the mixture to a boil, and stop stirring. Let the mixture continue to boil until it turns amber in color. This could take several minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Remove pan from the heat and slowly (and carefully!) whisk in the (ROOM TEMPERATURE) heavy cream. Then mix the butter into mixture and add the sea salt. Stir well.
- Serve. Pour the sauce into a mason jar and drizzle it on all the things.
- Store. Store the caramel sauce in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. You may need to microwave it slightly as it will thicken over time.
How to make your own Caramel Latte:
These are quick to make, but do make sure you take time to whisk the mixture well while it heats up.
Make the caramel sauce. Follow the simple 5-ingredient recipe above.
Make the coffee. I use an espresso machine and make a double shot. You can also make a cup of strong coffee in any machine or pot.
Measure out ingredients. In a small saucepan, combine the brewed coffee, milk of your choice, and caramel sauce.
Heat up lattes. Heat up the latte mixture and whisk as you go. I recommend cooking it over medium heat to avoid boiling, and whisk often to get everything well combined.
Serve. Pour hot mixture into mugs, add some additional frothed milk (milk foam) or whipped cream, an extra caramel drizzle, and some chocolate toffee bits. DRINK!
More to go with these cozy caramel lattes:
I believe you need a yummy treat (or two) to pair with a delicious latte. Invite a friend over, put your feet up, and just catch up and enjoy!
- Best Snickerdoodle Scones – The flavor of snickerdoodle cookies, but crumbly like a good scones should be.
- Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies – A great grab-and-go breakfast snack.
- Oatmeal Raspberry Jam Bars – A simple jam layer sandwiched between two layers of oatmeal crumble.
- 230 Calorie Banana Muffins – Feel free to add chocolate chips to these!
- Make a strong cup of coffee or use a double shot of espresso. Pour into a small stockpot.
- Add the milk and caramel sauce, and heat over medium heat, stirring often.
- Pour into two coffee mugs, and add some frothed milk or whipped cream on top. Then add another drizzle of caramel sauce, some Heath candy bar bits, and a sprinkle of sea salt.