My Cozy Caramel Latte Recipe is the perfect chilly weather coffee. This better-than-Starbucks latte combines strong coffee, milk, and the easiest caramel sauce. Top these with some frothed milk, an extra drizzle of caramel, and some toffee bits!
This is the year of homemade lattes, friends! Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Creamy Eggnog Lattes, and now THIS one. I’m a fan of the drive-through, but spending $6 on a latte is not something I recommend on a daily basis. Because if we do the math, that’s $2,190 for a year, and if you’re going through as a couple, just double that. WHOA, people!
2020 has brought many things, good and bad, and this one goes in the GOOD category. Let me list the reasons.
- A REAL caramel flavoring.
- Balanced flavors – not too sweet.
- Simple to make.
- Cheaper (and better) than Starbucks!
Ingredients needed for Caramel Lattes:
- Coffee – Use a double shot of espresso or some strong brewed coffee.
- Milk – I used 2% milk, but use your favorite milk.
- Caramel Sauce – 5-Ingredient Caramel Sauce is a ten minute recipe that you need in your life right now. You’ll need about 1/4 cup for two lattes.
- To serve – Add some frothed milk, an extra drizzle of caramel sauce and some chocolate toffee bits for the BEST latte.
Ingredients needed for Caramel Sauce:
Yup, just 5 ingredients, friends! You will only need 1/4 cup of this sauce for the lattes, but it stores well, and you can use it on many other things – like my Apple Spice Cake, my Caramel Apple Cheesecakes, or my Applesauce Cinnamon Muffins.
- Butter – I use unsalted butter for this sauce.
- Brown Sugar – The best base for anything caramel.
- Heavy Cream – Gives the sauce the thickening agent needed.
- Vanilla – I love the Watkin’s Vanilla brand.
- Salt – I recommend sea salt.
How to make 5-Ingredient Caramel Sauce:
This caramel sauce is SO easy. Only 10 minutes or less to make, and unbelievably delish.
- Melt butter. In a small saucepan, melt butter and add brown sugar.
- Add remaining ingredients. Then add the heavy cream, vanilla, and mix well. Let it bubble slightly and add the sea salt.
- Serve. Pour the sauce into a mason jar and drizzle it on all the things.
- Store. Store the caramel sauce in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. You may need to microwave it slightly as it will thicken over time.
How to make Cozy Caramel Lattes:
These are quick to make, but do make sure you take time to whisk the mixture well while it heats up.
- Make the caramel sauce. Follow the simple 5-ingredient recipe on my blog (see above).
- Make the coffee. I use an espresso machine and make a double shot. You can also make strong coffee in any machine or pot.
- Measure out ingredients. In a small saucepan, combine the brewed coffee, milk, and caramel sauce.
- Heat up lattes. Heat up the latte mixture and whisk as you go. I recommend cooking it over medium heat to avoid boiling, and whisk often to get everything well combined.
- Serve. Pour hot mixture into mugs, add some additional frothed milk (optional), an extra drizzle of caramel, and some chocolate toffee bits. DRINK!
Some treats to go with these cozy lattes:
I believe you need a yummy treat (or two) to pair with these Cozy Caramel Lattes. Invite a friend over, put your feet up, and just catch up and enjoy!
- Best Snickerdoodle Scones – The flavor of snickerdoodle cookies, but crumbly like a good scones should be.
- Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies – A great grab-and-go breakfast snack.
- Oatmeal Raspberry Jam Bars – A simple jam layer sandwiched between two layers of oatmeal crumble.
- 230 Calorie Banana Muffins – Feel free to add chocolate chips to these!
Kitchen Tools used for this recipe: (Affiliate Links)
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Cozy Caramel Latte Recipe
- 1 cup espresso or strong coffee
- 1 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- frothed milk – to serve
- extra caramel, caramel bits, and sea salt – to serve
- Make a strong cup of coffee or use a double shot of espresso. Pour into a small stockpot.
- Add the milk and caramel sauce, and heat over medium heat, stirring often.
- Pour into two coffee mugs, and add some frothed milk on top. Then add another drizzle of caramel sauce, some Heath candy bar bits, and a sprinkle of sea salt.