5-Ingredient Caramel Sauce is a ten minute recipe that you need in your life right now. Combining butter, brown sugar, heavy cream, vanilla, and sea salt – this caramel sauce is addicting and perfect over cake, muffins, cheesecakes, ice cream, and so many things!
Caramel Sauce makes the world go around. 😀
I’ve been making this sauce on repeat lately to drizzle on all the things – Caramel Apple Cheesecakes, Apple Spice Cake, softened apples, applesauce muffins, ice cream, and more. It’s simply a miracle sauce that makes everything taste better!
And ya’ll. This is so unbelievably quick and easy to make! It takes just 10 minutes from the time you get the ingredients from your pantry to pulling the pan off the heat. You can use it immediately or let it sit for a little while to thicken slightly. A MIRACLE!
Ingredients needed for Caramel Sauce:
Yup, just 5 ingredients, friends!
- Butter – I use unsalted butter for this sauce.
- Brown Sugar – The best base for anything caramel.
- Heavy Cream – Gives the sauce the thickening agent needed.
- Vanilla – I love the Watkin’s Vanilla brand.
- Salt – I recommend sea salt.
How to make 5-Ingredient Caramel Sauce:
This caramel sauce is SO easy. Only 10 minutes or less to make, and unbelievably delish.
- Melt butter. In a small saucepan, melt butter and add brown sugar.
- Add remaining ingredients. Then add the heavy cream, vanilla, and mix well. Let it bubble slightly and add the sea salt.
- Serve. Pour the sauce into a mason jar and drizzle it on all the things.
- Store. Store the caramel sauce in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. You may need to microwave it slightly as it will thicken over time.
Other delicious fall recipes for you to try next:
There are so many other choices on the blog. Try one of these or some others I’ve recently shared.
- Pumpkin Streusel Cake – A moist pumpkin cake with a brown sugar streusel layer in between, and then topped with an easy cinnamon icing.
- Puff Pastry Peach Tartlets – Semi-homemade for a super quick and easy dessert.
- Apple Pie Banana Bundt Cake – The perfect fall mash-up, combining a banana cake with an apple pie sprinkle.
5-Ingredient Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and add brown sugar. Stir well and then add vanilla and heavy cream. Whisk until well mixed and slightly bubbly. Remove and add the sea salt. Pour into a glass jar (or other small dish).