Best Italian Pasta Salad combines Italian flavors with rotini pasta and a creamy Italian dressing. The flavors of this simple pasta salad get better as it sits!
Summertime is pasta salad season. It’s when we gather with friends and family for fun and food, and make simple dishes so that we can be outdoors having fun, instead of standing over a hot stove. I made this salad (and my favorite broccoli salad) before my sister and brother-in-law arrived from Colorado, and I was so happy I did. We spent the weekend by the pool, swimming and floating (mostly in the shade!) on air mattresses, and catching up on so many things. Family time is the best time!
This pasta salad is easy. Seven simple ingredients.
- rotini pasta
- fresh mozzarella cheese
- red onion
- black olives
- hard salami
- cherry tomatoes
- shredded parmesan cheese
Then there is the dressing. My Creamy Italian Dressing that I use on my Italian Chopped Salad. If you’ve made it before, you’ll understand why I love it so much. All the Italian flavors and it’s CREAMY!
Simple ingredients that you can keep in a jar in the refrigerator all week long. YES please.
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- dijon mustard (key to making it creamy)
- a bit of sugar
- oregano, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and s&p
A mason jar works perfect to mix this up and store it as well.
We don’t eat a ton of pasta anymore, but summertime pasta salads definitely are the exception.
Because – –
- perfect to share
- loaded with good-for-you veggies
- just so delish
I’m all in. Are you?
Make this salad next: Strawberry Bacon Salad
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Best Italian Pasta Salad
For the pasta salad:
- 1 lb rotini noodles
- 1 cup black olives – halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes – sliced in half
- 1/2 cup red onion – sliced thin
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella – cut in chunks
- 4 oz. hard salami – sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup arugula – to serve
For the dressing:
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 5 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Boil the rotini noodles until al dente. Drain and rinse.
- Prepare salad dressing by combining all dressing ingredients in a mason jar. Shake vigorously.
- Combine all salad ingredients (except arugula) in a large bowl. Pour dressing over top (you may not need all of it), and mix well.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving. Serve with a handful of arugula and some extra parmesan cheese.