Chocolate Covered Gingerbread Truffles are an easy no-bake holiday dessert, combining a short ingredient list of gingersnap cookies, cream cheese, cinnamon, and chocolate. If you are a gingerbread lover, you should definitely put these on your holiday baking list!
No-bake desserts are a very good thing, especially when they are covered in chocolate. Holidays can be stressful, but having a stash of these simple delicacies in the freezer can make those last minute cookie trays a breeze. You know, when your husband says he needs something for a holiday party he forgot to mention, or when your kid needs a special treat for his favorite teacher.
I love how festive these look with very little effort. Just a pinch of that reserved crumb makes these pretty. 😀
Ingredients needed for Chocolate Covered Gingerbread Truffles:
This list is short, friends! This is one of those recipes that can easily be made with your kiddos.
- Gingersnap Cookies – You’ll need a pound of these thin little cookies for this recipe.
- Cream Cheese – One block of softened cream cheese is the perfect amount to cream the crumbs together. I use the light version.
- Cinnamon – Just a pinch of the perfect fall spice.
- Chocolate – Any good melting chocolate works, but I prefer the Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers.
How to make Chocolate Covered Gingerbread Truffles:
- Prep the gingersnaps – In a food processor, pulse gingersnaps until fine crumbs are formed. This may take a few minutes. Reserve about 1/4 cup of crumbs for the topping.
- Add cream cheese – Pour the crumbs into a mixing bowl. Add softened cream cheese and cinnamon, and cream together with a hand mixer, until creamy. Use your hand to form into small balls, about one inch in size. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Chill – Place the gingersnap balls in your refrigerator or freezer for an hour or so, or until well chilled.
- Cover with chocolate – Melt chocolate at 50% power in microwave until creamy, checking frequently to avoid burning. Use a spoon to dip each gingersnap ball, completely covering in chocolate. Remove to baking sheet, and add a pinch of the reserved gingersnap crumbs to the top of each ball.
- Chill again – Place chocolate covered truffles in the refrigerator or freezer until the chocolate completely sets.
- Store – Store the gingerbread truffles in the freezer, for best results.
Other Gingerbread holiday treats you should try!
Make these no-bake holiday treats next: No Bake Peanut Butter Balls
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Chocolate Covered Gingerbread Truffles
- 1 pound gingersnap cookies
- 8 oz. cream cheese light
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 oz. melting chocolate
- In a food processor, pulse the gingersnap cookies until they are in crumb form. Pour them into a mixing bowl. Reserve about 1/4 cup for sprinkling on top.
- Add the softened cream cheese and cinnamon. Use a hand mixer to blend everything together until very well combined.
- Form the mixture into approximately 24 balls, and place in the refrigerator for about an hour to cool. This will help in the dipping process.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave at 50% power until creamy. Check frequently to avoid burning.
- Carefully dip the gingerbread balls into the chocolate, shaking off excess. Place on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper. Sprinkle a bit of the reserved gingerbread crumbs on top immediately after dipping each one.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer to set the chocolate.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.