This healthy Gnocchi with Roasted Vegetables is an easy sheet pan dinner that should be on your table soon. A simple mixture of roasted veggies, crispy potato gnocchi, and your choice of sausage is just what the doctor ordered. Top this one with some freshly grated parmesan cheese!
FEATURED REVIEW from Jackie: “I’m a big fan of this kind of meal. All the food pyramid in one pan. Well ALMOST all. If you like roasted vegetables (especially a variety of them) mixed with sausage and parmesan, you will enjoy this too. So simple – and the prep is easy. The gnocchi is a fun addition that my youngest, carb loving grand daughter loved. Try it!!“
Gnocchi Sheet Pan Meal
We are huge fans of roasted veggies, so this simple concoction was a no brainer. Just add packaged gnocchi and any kind of fully cooked sausage, and then top it with some fresh parm. Such an easy and delicious dinner!
What is gnocchi?
Gnocchi is an Italian pasta. The most common are potato gnocchi, and are made of potatoes, flour, egg yolks, and a little salt. They are pillowy and tender in the inside, and are eaten with a variety of different sauces, veggies, and proteins.
While the packaged instructions say to boil the gnocchi, I’ve found that baking them in the oven makes them perfectly crisp on the outside, and soft in the inside. Including some veggies that are high in water content, like tomatoes and mushrooms, are also key to cooking the gnocchi in the oven.
Ingredients needed for Gnocchi with Roasted Vegetables
This recipe fills two baking sheets. You can roast them in one oven, rotating the pans between racks after 15-20 minutes.
- Gnocchi – You’ll need one package of potato gnocchi for this recipe. There are other varieties out there, so feel free to improvise if you like another kind better.
- Sausage – I used a fully cooked chicken sausage. You could also use turkey sausage or even pork sausage instead.
- Veggies – This recipe calls for onion, brussels sprouts, sweet potato, mushrooms, and tomatoes. I love this combo, but other veggies can also be substituted.
- Olive Oil – Extra virgin olive oil.
- S&P – Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Parmesan Cheese – Use freshly grated parmesan cheese, to serve. The perfect topper!
How to make Crispy Sheet Pan Gnocchi:
You can easily make this recipe in an hour. But I often chop all the veggies in advance, and then dinner is ready in a snap!
Prep. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Chop. Chop sausage and veggies in bite sized pieces. See pictures for the approximate size.
Combine. Combine all veggies, sausage, and packaged gnocchi in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil over top, and stir well to combine.
Prepare for baking. Spoon mixture on to two baking sheets, and then top with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
Roast. Use two racks in your oven to roast the gnocchi veggie mixture, rotating pans about halfway through so that they are evenly cooked.
Serve. Serve the sheet pan gnocchi with sausage and vegetables with a generous amount of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
No, you do not need to boil first. Baking them will make them nice and crispy on the outside and they’ll still be soft in the inside!
Any kind of smoked or cooked sausage works well in this recipe. You definitely want cooked meat because this recipe cooks pretty quickly.
I recommend using REAL parmesan cheese and freshly grating it. Don’t use the powdered version!
You could try carrots, zucchini, butternut squash, yellow potatoes, asparagus etc. The sky is the limit!
Kitchen Tools Used: (affiliate links)
Make this sheet pan meal next: One Pan Pesto Chicken
Gnocchi with Roasted Vegetables
- 16 oz. potato gnocchi
- 12 oz. chicken sausage – or other fully cooked sausage
- 1/4 medium onion – sliced
- 1 ½ cup brussels sprouts – outer leaves removed and halved
- 1 ½ cup sweet potatoes – peeled and chopped
- 8 oz. mushroom slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- freshly shredded parmesan cheese – to serve
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Chop sausage and veggies in bite sized pieces. See blog pictures for approximate size I used.
- Combine the veggies, sausage, and packaged gnocchi in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss.
- Spoon mixture on to prepared baking sheets. Top with kosher salt and freshly ground black papper.
- Roast in oven, rotating the pans between two baking racks about halfway through process. Remove from oven when the veggies are fork tender, and the gniocchi is soft inside.
- Serve with some freshly grated parmesan cheese.