One Pan Pesto Chicken with Potatoes and Tomatoes is an easy, tasty, weeknight dinner. Prep the chicken the day before, and then everything goes into the oven on one pan.
Don’t you love a ONE pan meal?
I do. There are times when I get super creative and spend hours in the kitchen on one recipe. But there are more times when I just want dinner on the table without all the fuss.
This one is it. But you have to do some prep first.
Just five simple ingredients:
- chicken thighs
- pesto sauce – homemade is best, but store-bought is fine
- baby yellow potatoes
- cherry tomatoes
- salt & pepper
There are two pesto sauce recipes on my blog SO FAR.
Both are equally good, and I make them often, depending on what I have in my kitchen. You can swap the basil for the spinach leaves, and the pine nuts for the walnuts – and the rest of the recipes are identical.
- Double the pesto sauce.
- Store little containers in the freezer.
- Marinate the chicken in pesto sauce.
The pesto freezes very well, and while the vibrant color dulls a bit, the flavors don’t.
This recipe is almost fool-proof.
- It’s VERY hard to screw up chicken thighs. The dark meat seems to hold the moisture even if you cook them a little bit too long. Just make sure they read 165 degrees on a digital thermometer, and you are good to go.
- The yellow potatoes work well too, because they suck up all that good pesto sauce.
- You can also add other vegetables along with the tomatoes if desired.
Easy, tasty, and ONE PAN!
Make this chicken recipe next: Creamy Jalapeño Stuffed Chicken
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce - homemade versions on my blog
- 28 oz. baby gold potatoes - cut into chunks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes - sliced in half
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste
Prep the chicken in advance (I do it the day before) by placing chicken thighs and pesto sauce in bag. Seal and refrigerate for at least two hours.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with tinfoil.
Place marinated chicken thighs on baking sheet. Add potatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper (to taste). Mix everything together so that some pesto sauce spreads on the potatoes.
Bake for 35 minutes. Remove pan from oven and add tomatoes. Continue baking another 10 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked. They should be 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Prep ahead, by marinating the chicken in pesto sauce the da before.
- Use one of my homemade pesto sauce recipes on the blog. Or store-bought can be used too.
- Use other vegetables, if so desired.