Breakfast just got better with the creation of this Creamy Vegetable Frittata. This super quick meal also makes a delicious breakfast-for-dinner on busy nights and includes tons of healthy vegetables and protein.
I’m a big fan of breakfast-for-dinner meals. Especially when they involve healthy and wholesome ingredients, are simple to prepare after long days, and don’t break the bank. THIS my friends, is all of the above and more.
Look at this simple list of ingredients:
- half and half
- spinach (pre-washed)
- mushrooms (pre-sliced and washed)
- cherry tomatoes
- onion and garlic
- havarti cheese
- olive oil and spices
YOU can make this for dinner. Or breakfast. Or both.
Back in the day, when the kids were younger and involved in sports and other activities, I made a lot of eggs for dinner. Breakfast burritos and omelettes were standbys, and the protein filled up the boys after a big day.
So while this frittata may look and sound fancy, it’s not. Just simple, wholesome ingredients presented in a slightly prettier fashion.
But there IS a secret ingredient in this Creamy Vegetable Frittata. Can you guess what it is?
Secret ingredient —> Creamy Havarti Cheese
I only used four ounces of the eight ounce block of cheese, and it really turned a simple frittata into an AMAZING frittata. So creamy and delish.
** Don’t skip the creamy havarti cheese!
The other important thing about making frittatas is having a cast iron skillet. Mike and I bought most of ours at thrift markets or antique stores over the years. We originally used them mostly to make homemade pizzas, but now I use them for so many other things, like this, this and this.
If you want to purchase a cast iron skillet, <– this one gets good reviews on Amazon. Having one is a must.
Enjoy making this simple frittata!
Try this breakfast dish next: Migas (Mexican Breakfast Skillet)
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram.
Creamy Vegetable Frittata
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion – diced
- 2 cloves garlic – diced
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes – sliced in half
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 4 oz. creamy havarti with jalapeño – diced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- sliced avocado – to serve
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on stove top, over medium high heat. Add olive oil and onion, and sauté until soft, approximately three minutes. Add garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper – and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and tomatoes to pan, and continue to sauté until vegetables are slightly softened. Add spinach leaves and stir for another minute. Remove pan from heat.
- Whip eggs and half and half in separate bowl, and pour on top of the vegetables. Add diced cheese on top, and place skillet in oven.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes on 400 degrees.
- Serve with sliced avocado.