This Healthy Vegetable Frittata Recipe combines sautéed vegetables, eggs, and creamy Havarti cheese. A super quick meal that makes a delicious breakfast-for-dinner on busy nights that the whole family will love!
I’m a big fan of breakfast-for-dinner meals. Especially when they involve healthy and wholesome ingredients, are simple to prepare after long days, and don’t break the bank. This, my friends, is all of the above and more.
We love a tasty frittata and this one is exactly that. The good news is that you won’t even miss the meat. There are loads of veggies and the creamy frittata makes it extra delicious.
Why This Recipe Works:
- EASY RECIPE – This is a perfect dish to make on a weeknight. We love breakfast for dinner!
- HEALTHY – Use your favorite veggies in this easy breakfast. We enjoy this low carb breakfast frittata and it’s a great way to use up leftover veggies too!
- FLUFFY FRITTATA – During the cooking process, the eggs get nice and fluffy. However, it will sink as it sits.
- VERSATILE DISH – You can easily swap out ingredients in this delicious frittata. Try using parmesan cheese, goat cheese, cheddar cheese, feta cheese, or even cottage cheese instead of the havarti.
What You’ll Need:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Onion & Garlic
- Sliced Bella Mushrooms
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Whole Eggs
- Half and Half
- Havarti Cheese – Havarti is an excellent cheese for melting due to its smooth, buttery texture.
You can swap out some of the fresh veggies for others. Try some red bell pepper, green onions, red onion, baby spinach, or zucchini squash. Fresh herbs would also be an excellent addition.
How to make this Healthy Vegetable Frittata Recipe:
Preheat oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Saute veggies. Heat cast iron skillet over medium heat. Drizzle the olive oil in the bottom of the pan and then add the onions and sliced mushrooms and cook until slightly softened – approximately 3-4 minutes.
Add the cherry tomatoes, garlic, and seasonings (onion powder, salt, and pepper) and stir for another minute or so. Remove the pan from the heat.
Prep eggs and cheese. In a medium bowl, combine eggs and the half and half, and whisk until very well combined. Pour the whisked eggs over the cooked veggies. Then add the Havarti cheese to the top of the eggs.
Bake. Bake frittata for approximately 15-18 minutes or until done in the center. Don’t overcook. Cooking time will vary.
Serve. Serve this healthy vegetable frittata with some sliced avocado and some extra freshly ground black pepper.
Store leftover veggie frittata in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Just heat up individual slices in the microwave the next day.
What to Serve with Vegetable Frittata:
- An assortment of fresh seasonal fruit is always nice.
- Toast – Try our Multigrain Bread, some Cinnamon Raisin Sourdough Bread, or Sourdough Bagels.
- Muffins – How about some Moist Banana Muffins, Lemon Blueberry Streusel Muffins, or Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins?
- Scones – We love our scones and always have an assortment on hand in the freezer. I highly recommend our Maple Pecan Scones, Petite Vanilla Bean Scones, or some fresh Best Blueberry Lemon Scones!
Try this breakfast dish next: Migas (Mexican Breakfast Skillet)
Healthy Vegetable Frittata Recipe
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion – diced
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes – sliced in half
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 6-8 oz. creamy Havarti
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- sliced avocado – to serve
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sauté veggies. Heat cast iron skillet over medium heat. Drizzle the olive oil and then add the onions and sliced mushrooms and cook until slightly softened, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, garlic, and seasonings (onion powder, salt, and pepper) and stir for another minute or so. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Prep eggs and cheese. To a medium bowl, add the eggs and the half and half, and whisk until very well combined. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies and stir. Then add the havarti cheese to the top of the eggs.
- Bake. Bake frittata for approximately 15-18 minutes or until done in the center.