No Bake Peanut Butter Bars are a simple peanut butter and chocolate dessert. These are very similar to peanut butter balls, but easier to make and just as delicious. Make them for your next holiday!
This recipe is NO BAKE, and it’s very simple. I actually modified my No Bake Peanut Butter Balls and changed up the ingredients slightly. The biggest difference is the technique. Peanut Butter BALLS are dipped individually in chocolate, while peanut butter BARS are layered in one pan.
Ingredients needed for No Bake Peanut Butter Bars:
Just six simple ingredients in this recipe. It takes just minutes to prepare, but the hard part is waiting for the chocolate to set!
- Peanut Butter – This recipe calls for a creamy peanut butter. While I haven’t tested it with crunchy peanut butter, I bet that would be good too.
- Graham Crackers – Grind up two sleeves of graham crackers in a food processor until you have course crumbs.
- Powdered Sugar – This adds the necessary sweetness to the bars.
- Butter – Just 1/4 cup of softened unsalted butter is required.
- Vanilla – A whopping tablespoon.
- Chocolate Chips – I used semi-sweet chocolate chips for this recipe, but dark chocolate would be great too.
- A bit more peanut butter – You’ll need one extra tablespoon of peanut butter for the chocolate topping.
Kitchen Tools used for this recipe:
- I used a hand mixer to mix the peanut butter layer.
- USA 8×8 Pan – My favorite brand of pans, and made in the USA!
- This parchment paper fits perfectly.
How to make No Bake Peanut Butter Bars:
- Combine ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, softened butter, and vanilla. Use a hand mixer to cream the ingredients together.
- Press peanut butter layer into pan. Line an 8×8 pan with some parchment paper. Press the peanut butter mixture into the pan, using your hands to spread evenly.
- Make chocolate topping. In a two cup measuring cup, combine the chocolate chips and one extra tablespoon of peanut butter. Melt in the microwave at 50% power until nice and creamy. Pour chocolate on top of the peanut butter layer, spreading with a spoon so it’s evenly distributed.
- Allow chocolate to set. Place pan in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes, or until chocolate just STARTS to set up and becomes firm. Then remove from refrigerator and let it sit another 15-20 minutes. Slice with a sharp knife.
Storing Tip – These are best stored in the refrigerator, especially during the warmer months.
Freezing Tip – You can freeze these peanut butter bars, for up to three months.
Other No Bake Dessert Recipes on the blog:
- White Chocolate Oreo Truffles – When Oreos are involved, how can you go wrong?
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Cracker Cookies – These are another simple recipe, and the layers are the perfect combo of sweet and salty.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls – The oatmeal makes these slightly healthier than the typical dessert!
Make this no bake recipe next: No Bake Peanut Butter Balls
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 2/3 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs – about 2 sleeves
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter – softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- Prepare an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add graham crackers and pulse until you get course crumbs.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and softened butter. Cream together with a hand mixer.
- Press mixture into baking dish, carefully smoothing to all corners of dish.
- Melt the chocolate chips and extra tablespoon of peanut butter in microwave at 50 percent power (to avoid burning) until smooth and creamy. Pour over the peanut butter mixture and smooth it out with a spoon.
- Place pan in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes, removing BEFORE chocolate is completely hard. Then remove from refrigerator and let sit another 15-20 minutes. Use parchment paper to lift bars out of the pan. Slice with a sharp knife.
- Store the bars in your refrigerator, or you can freeze up to three months.
- If you don’t have a food processor, use a rolling pin to crush the graham crackers.
- Make sure your butter is softened (at room temperature) for this recipe.
- Using parchment paper will make your life easier when it comes time to getting them out of the dish to serve.
- After adding the chocolate layer on top, wait until it is JUST set and then slice. If you leave them in the refrigerator for too long, the top will crack and the bars will be a mess! Storing Tip – These are best stored in the refrigerator, especially during the warmer months. Freezing Tip – these also freeze well, for up to three months.