No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars combine a simple peanut butter base and are topped with a silky chocolate layer. This simple no-bake dessert is a perfect one for warm days when you don’t want to start the oven.
Try these No Bake Monster Cookie Balls next!
This recipe is NO BAKE, and it’s very simple. I actually modified my No Bake Peanut Butter Balls and changed up the ingredients slightly. The biggest difference is the technique. Peanut Butter BALLS are dipped individually in chocolate, while peanut butter BARS are layered in one pan.
Why This Recipe Works:
- SIMPLE – You’ll need just six ingredients for this peanut butter bar recipe. All of these pantry ingredients can easily be found in most grocery stores.
- NO BAKE – We love making no-bake desserts during our hot summer months. It’s always nice to keep the ovens off here in Texas when our temps soar!
- DELICIOUS – This sweet treat resembles a candy bar but is WAY better. Peanut butter lovers unite!
Ingredients needed for Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars:
Just six simple ingredients in this recipe. It takes just minutes to prepare, but the hard part is waiting for the chocolate to set!
- Peanut Butter – This recipe calls for creamy peanut butter. While I haven’t tested it with crunchy peanut butter, I bet that would be good too. I don’t recommend natural peanut butter for this delicious dessert.
- Graham Crackers – Grind up two sleeves of graham crackers in a food processor until you have coarse crumbs.
- Powdered Sugar – This adds the necessary sweetness to the bars.
- Butter – Just 1/4 cup of softened unsalted butter is required.
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Chips – I used dark chocolate chips for this recipe, but semi-sweet chocolate or milk chocolate chips would be great too.
- A bit more peanut butter – You’ll need one extra tablespoon of peanut butter for the chocolate topping.
How to make No Bake Peanut Butter Bars:
Crush graham crackers. In a food processor, process graham crackers until they form coarse crumbs.
Combine ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, softened butter, and vanilla. Use a hand mixer to cream the ingredients together.
Press the peanut butter layer into the pan. Line an 8×8 pan with some parchment paper (or aluminum foil). Press the peanut butter mixture into the pan, using your hands to spread it evenly.
Make chocolate topping. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and one extra tablespoon of peanut butter. Melt in the microwave at 50% power until nice and creamy. Pour melted chocolate on top of the peanut butter layer, spreading with a spoon so it’s evenly distributed. I also like to add some kosher salt or sea salt to the top of the bars.
Allow the chocolate to set. Place pan in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes, or until chocolate just STARTS to set up. Then remove the bars from the refrigerator and let the pan sit at room temperature for another 15-20 minutes.
Slice peanut butter bars with a sharp knife and place the bars BACK in the refrigerator until the bars are completely set. We like to slice these into smaller pieces so we can have two! LOL
**I recommend the above method so that you can easily slice the bars. If you chill until they are completely set, the chocolate topping will likely crack.
Storing and Freezing
- STORE these easy peanut butter bars in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one week.
- You can also FREEZE these peanut butter bars. Place leftover bars in an airtight container and layer with parchment paper in between. Freeze bars for up to three months.
These have only been tested with regular creamy peanut butter. I don’t recommend using a healthier spread as it won’t yield the same creamy consistency.
If you don’t have a food processor, you can place graham crackers in a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin or something similar.
If you slice this recipe into 24 equal rectangles, each bar will have 227 calories.
You can use a little larger pan for these delicious bars, but they will be thinner.
Other No Bake Recipes:
- White Chocolate Oreo Truffles – When Oreos are involved, how can you go wrong?
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Cracker Cookies – These are another simple recipe, and the layers are the perfect combo of sweet and salty.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls – The oatmeal makes these slightly healthier than the typical dessert!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 2/3 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs – about 2 sleeves
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter – softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- Prepare an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add graham crackers and pulse until you get course crumbs.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and softened butter. Cream together with a hand mixer.
- Press mixture into baking dish, carefully smoothing to all corners of dish.
- Melt the chocolate chips and extra tablespoon of peanut butter in microwave at 50 percent power (to avoid burning) until smooth and creamy. Pour over the peanut butter mixture and smooth it out with a spoon.
- Place pan in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes, removing BEFORE chocolate is completely hard. Then remove from refrigerator and let sit another 15-20 minutes. Use parchment paper to lift bars out of the pan. Slice with a sharp knife.
- Store the bars in your refrigerator, or you can freeze up to three months.
- If you don’t have a food processor, use a rolling pin to crush the graham crackers.
- Make sure your butter is softened (at room temperature) for this recipe.
- Using parchment paper will make your life easier when it comes time to getting them out of the dish to serve.
- After adding the chocolate layer on top, wait until it is JUST set and then slice. If you leave them in the refrigerator for too long, the top will crack and the bars will be a mess!