Cold Brew Coffee uses a patented cold brew system (Toddy Cold Brew System), using regular coffee beans to create a super smooth coffee. Add milk, cream, sweetener, and/or water to make a perfect hot or cold cup of coffee!
Spring has SPRUNG, y’all! Actually, I pulled out my Toddy Cold Brew System in late February because we sort of skipped winter in Texas this year. When the weather is warm, I live on iced coffees.
My brother, Dave, got us all started on drinking iced coffees. and using this brew system. Every single one of my siblings (six counting me) have it now, and I believe everyone purchased it on Amazon. There are several benefits to using this system.
- The coffee is less acidic (and easier on our tummies). Amazon claims that it is 67-percent less acidic than coffee made with hot brew methods.
- It uses regular coffee beans – that are coarsely ground, and yields a smoother (and less bitter) coffee taste.
- The system is super inexpensive. Right now, the one on Amazon is selling for $38 and comes with two extra filters.
- It’s easy to make. It takes a mere five minutes to get your coffee steeping.
- The system takes little space to store and is light-weight. If you aren’t using this coffee system, you can store the carafe inside the actual Coffee Maker.
- The brewed coffee lasts up to THREE WEEKS in the refrigerator. 🙂
Remember to buy coffee beans (whatever kind you like) and have them ground to COARSE crumbs. This is important. I usually go to World Market where I can grind them myself. You can also do your own at Costco and several other grocery stores.
Making a cup of iced coffee is SO simple.
- Wake up. 🙂
- Fill your glass with ice.
- Pour brewed coffee in glass, about halfway full.
- Add a little sweetener – syrups (like Torani or DaVinci – found at most grocery stores or on-line), sugar, honey.
- Add milk or cream to the top of the glass.
- Stir and DRINK!
When the weather is warm (which is about 7-8 months in Texas), I drink at least two glasses of iced coffee each day. Sometimes I even add a dash of Baileys. Shhhh. Don’t tell. But oh man, that is GOOD! Just for special occasions though. 🙂
You can also drink this brewed coffee hot, for all you northerners who are still wearing sweaters in May. Just skip the ice, add your coffee, sweeteners, and milk – and warm it all up in the microwave. I prefer my Keurig coffees in the cooler months, and I store my Toddy Cold Brew System until it warms up.
I CANNOT believe the warm weather we are having. Our grass is greening up and the water is evaporating from our pool ALREADY. The pool is too cold yet for me (cuz I’m a chicken), but I know lots of kids are swimming now. Gotta wonder what July and August are gonna look like if we average 80 in March. CrAzY.
If you are wondering about sweet treats to make to have WITH your cold brewed coffees, I’ve got a few ideas. How about my Maple Oat Pecan Scones, M&M Monster Cookies, Norma Jean’s Chocolate Chip Cookies, Jumbo Chocolate Cupcakes, Chocolate Sweetheart Cupcakes, or my new favorite, Chocolate Monster Cookie Balls?
Please let me know if you’ve tried any of my recipes by commenting on my blog or tagging me on social media. If you want to get email updates when I post a new recipe or travel update, you can sign up in the right hand corner of my site. Thanks so much for following along!! 🙂