My Ultimate Green Power Smoothie is the real deal. Dairy free, vegan, gluten-free, paleo – and DELISH! A great smoothie to start your day, fuel your work-outs, and recover from strenuous activity or just life.
It’s summertime and I’m in a mood. Enough cookies and pizza and burgers and shakes. Let’s get real.
Enter —-> Ultimate Green Power Smoothie.
This isn’t a milkshake or a cocktail. It’s a smoothie that has aaalllll the good stuff and NONE of the bad. No ice cream, soda, tequila, chocolate, or sprinkles. Just real food – and let’s face it, we all need to get back to the basics every once in a while.
Here we go. Here’s the ingredient list.
- lime juice – freshly squeezed
- frozen pineapple
- chia seeds
- water or more juice (freshly squeezed, preferred) to smooth
I did a couple of test runs with these smoothies back in November and December. Yup, between the turkey and mashed potatoes and all the COOKIES. Call me silly. But hello blogger family.
“Could you please wipe the chocolate off of your hands and take a drink of this, please? And what do you think? Do you like it? Huh? Do you like it?”
Well, let’s see. Zach put down his cookie, took a sip, and said, “What’s in it?” 🙂 Josh might have just been too busy. But Mike? My recent health-nut hubby? He liked it.
HEY MIKEY! HE LIKES IT!! 🙂
Besides the taste, there are SO many reasons to like my Ultimate Green Power Smoothies.
- high in vitamins and nutrients
- aids in digestion
- anti-inflammatory benefits
- low in sodium and calories
Guess what? You can make these smoothies in five minutes, ten tops, especially if you have a great blender. My guys surprised me with a Vitamix for Mother’s Day, and I’ve been a smoothie queen lately. Love it SO much.
Throw out the junk. Buy real food!
Make this smoothie next: Orange Julius Smoothie
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Ultimate Green Power Smoothie
- 1 medium banana
- 1 medium apple – remove core
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 medium limes – freshly squeezed
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- water or juice if needed for texture
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and pulse until smooth.
- Add some water or juice (freshly squeezed preferred) if needed.
- Serve with a lime slice and a straw! Enjoy!