Loaded with fresh vegetables, chickpeas, olives, artichoke hearts, feta cheese, and smoked turkey breast, this Traditional Greek Salad is a complete and satisfying meal. The Greek Vinaigrette puts the final touches on an already delicious salad, and you’ll be making it again and again!
I crave salads. Especially after a vacation where there is always too much consumption, or after a few days of just not enough greens. Salad greens and fresh ingredients give me life, and I ALWAYS feel better if I have a nice big salad every day.
One thing I try to do each week is to clean some salad greens, chop up a bunch of veggies, and make a homemade salad dressing. Then I can add different cheese or nuts or other ingredients to make a salad interesting. It’s nice to try new things every week.
Ingredients needed for Traditional Greek Salad:
This salad has so many fresh ingredients plus canned garbanzo beans, canned artichokes, and olives. SO good!
- fresh salad greens
- English cucumbers
- cherry tomatoes
- red onion
- kalamata olives
- garbanzo beans
- artichoke hearts
- feta cheese
- smoked turkey breast
The Greek Vinaigrette is simple.
- apple cider vinegar
- olive oil
- dijon mustard
- fresh lemon juice
- garlic powder
- fresh parsley
- a pinch of sugar
This recipe is for two LARGE main dish salads. You could also make four smaller ones if you prefer. The dressing is a larger recipe and can be used for a repeat of this meal or for another type of salad.
Make this salad next: Arugula Caprese Salad
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram.
Traditional Greek Salad with Smoked Turkey
For the salad:
- 8 cups fresh lettuce greens – I used the spinach/spring mix combo
- 1/2 cup English cucumber – sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes – sliced in half
- 1/4 cup red onion – sliced thin
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans – rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts – drained
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 6 oz. Jennie-O Smoked Turkey – Sun-Dried Tomato
- pita chips – optional
For the Greek Vinaigrette:
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley – finely diced
- 1/2 large lemon – juiced – freshly squeezed
- salt and pepper – to taste
- Arrange all salad ingredients in two large salad bowls. These are main dish salads, so you could also arrange in four smaller bowls for side dish salads.
- For the vinaigrette, combine all ingredients in salad shaker. Make sure you use fresh lemon and fresh parsley
- Pour salad dressing over salad right before serving.