Honey Simple Syrup
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share a commission.
Honey Simple Syrup is a healthier option to classic simple syrup, using all natural ingredients instead of refined sugar. We use this to sweeten cocktails and mocktails, and it’s super handy to have in the refrigerator to prepare all the delicious things!
I recently shared the tastiest Strawberry Daiquiri Mocktails recipe using this simple syrup, and I highly recommend keeping a jar handy at all times! You never know when you’ll have a last minute happy hour or girls night on the patio.
At any given time, you will find several different mason jars in my refrigerator. I’ve usually got a random assortment of homemade dressings, salsas, sauces and pickles. In addition, I’ve got a drawer in my island that has all my “bar-tending” things. Like tonic water, club soda, ginger beer, fruit juices, and simple syrups. Currently, there is a jar of this honey simple syrup as well as regular simple syrup. Because you just never know…you know?
We do like our weekend cocktails and weekday mocktails (or vice versa)! So when I get a whim to concoct something new or make something old, I have all the ingredients at my disposal. The nice thing is that both honey simple syrup and regular are pretty interchangeable. See below for all the choices!
- Strawberry Daiquiri Mocktails – So far, I’ve just got one official mocktail on the blog. Stay tuned for more!
- You can use this in so many other non-alcohol drinks like lemonades, smoothies, and ice teas.
- Blueberry Mojitos
- Strawberry Vodka Lemonade Slushies
- Blackberry Peach Frozen Margaritas
- Watermelon Frosè
What is simple syrup?
Simple syrup is a liquid sweetener that is normally equal parts water to sugar. This syrup is used to sweeten cocktails and other drinks (as well as baked goods on occasion) by evenly dispersing the sugar. Dropping a spoonful of sugar into a drink will normally sink to the bottom of the glass, while using a simple syrup will evenly distribute into the liquid.
What is honey simple syrup?
Honey simple syrup is a liquid sweetener that exchanges honey for the granulated sugar. The method is similar in that you dissolve the honey into the water on the stovetop. Honey syrup adds sweetness and a more complex flavor. It’s also a natural sweetener which is a major plus if you are trying to reduce refined sugars.
- Water – I use filtered water out of my refrigerator.
- Honey – There are many types of honey, and each has a unique flavor, texture, and aroma. In fact, in the United States alone, there are over 300 types. I keep it basic with this simple syrup and use the RAW honey that you’ll find in most grocery stores.
How to make Honey Simple Syrup
This is the easy peasy part. Just a few minutes of prep!
- Combine equal parts honey and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat immediately, and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Pour the syrup into a mason jar to store.
- Refrigerate. You’ll want this nice and cold before using in any cool drinks.
Honey Simple Syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup honey
- Combine water and honey in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a slight boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and store in a jar. Refrigerate.
Love it! A great idea and also simple!