Fruit Dip Without Marshmallow Cream is a simple four ingredient dip and makes the best summertime side dish or snack. This dip goes great with fruit kabobs and it’s a stunning party food too!
Try my simple No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bites next!
Easy Fruit Dip
You’ll always find a variety of fresh fruit in my kitchen – from berries of all kind, fresh pineapple, bananas, and melons during their season. Summertime is the perfect season for fruit and we eat some variety at dinnertime every night of the week.
While we love fresh fruit in Yogurt with Granola bowls and in the occasional blueberry mojitos, we also enjoy it with a creamy fruit dip like this one. Since it’s a little bit more indulgent, we save it for special occasions.
Why This Recipe Works
- It’s simple. Just four ingredients and VERY simple to make.
- It doesn’t use marshmallow cream. Ok, marshmallows are just ok. I don’t love them (except in my Store’s Bars) so excluding them in this recipe was a no-brainer.
- The texture is creamy and the taste is AMAZING!
Freaky Friday Blog Hop
Why is today so special you ask? Well, that is because today is Freaky Friday, hosted by Michaela at An Affair from the Heart! No, not the movie where the mom and daughter switch places, but a good old fashioned blog hop with some of my favorite food blogger friends!
We secretly get assigned a blogger from our group, and then we all reveal who we had and what we made on the same Friday, and that is today! See below for ALL the fun Freaky Friday recipes created by my blog hop pals!
Aunt Bee, aka Brandi, is married with two active kids. She’s a southerner (like me) and has a cookbook collection that would rival a library. She started her blog after falling in love with cooking and trying new recipes, and says that cooking is the way to her husband’s heart!
I chose to make her Whipped Cream Cheese Fruit Dip from her blog because 1) it’s simple, 2) I don’t have a fruit dip on the blog, and 3) this dip is DELICIOUS! You’re gonna love it too and I can’t wait to hear if you give it a try!
NOTE: I modified Brandi’s recipe slightly by reducing the powdered sugar. I feel like the dip is still plenty sweet!
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Heavy Cream
I used a combo of blackberries, strawberries, pineapple, watermelon, and cantaloupe. But you could use any variety of fruit you prefer.
How to make Fruit Dip Without Marshmallow Cream:
Whip the heavy cream. In a mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to bean the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. In another bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
Fold in the whipped cream. Then fold in the whipped cream until fully combined.
Arrange dip. Transfer the fruit dip to a jar or small bowl for serving. Add a sliced strawberry or other fruit as garnish.
Assemble fruit kabobs. Use a variety of fresh fruit and arrange on small wooden skewers. Then add to a serving platter along with the jar of fruit dip.
- If you eat the fruit dip immediately, you can easily use a light cream cheese. It tends to get watery so I don’t recommend using it if you’re making the dip in advance.
- For a short-cut, use cool whip (in the container) in place of using real whipping cream.
- I reduced the powdered sugar in this recipe, but if you like a sweeter taste feel free to use more.
- Use other fruit as a garnish – like raspberries, blueberries etc.
Other Party Appetizers:
In addition to this fruit dip, try one of these party appetizers for your next get-together!
See all of our 2022 Freaky Friday Summer Edition Recipes
Hosted by – An Affair from the Heart
- An Affair from the Heart – Moose Munch Popcorn
- Aunt Bee’s Recipes – Breakfast Egg Bites
- The Culinary Compass – Pull Apart Garlic Bread
- Devour Dinner – BBQ Nachos
- Family Around the Table – Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Salad
- Feast + West – Peach Whiskey Smash
- Home Cooked Harvest – Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Hostess at Heart – Peanut Butter Cookie
- Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog – Cilantro Lime Shrimp Recipe
- Life Currents – Jalapeño Poppers Puffs
- Off the Eaten Path – Cheerwine Bourbon Slush Cocktails
- The Speckled Palate – Lemon Cooler Cookies
- Sue Bee Homemaker – Fruit Dip Without Marshmallow Cream
- The Wimpy Vegetarian – How to Make Enchilada Sauce
Kitchen Tools Used: (affiliate links)
Fruit Dip Without Marshmallow Cream
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whipping cream – whipped
- miscellaneous fruit – to serve
- Whip the heavy cream. In a mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to bean the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. In another bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
- Fold in the whipped cream. Then fold in the whipped cream until fully combined.
- Arrange dip. Transfer the fruit dip to a jar or small bowl for serving. Add a sliced strawberry or other fruit as garnish.
- Assemble fruit kabobs. Use a variety of fresh fruit and arrange on small wooden skewers. Then add to a serving platter along with the jar of fruit dip.