Candied Pecan and Apple Holiday Salad is perfect for serving a big group of people. Baby spinach, red onion, feta cheese, Craisins, honey crisp apples, and candied pecans – topped with an apple cider vinaigrette! So good!
I can’t think of a better salad to make over the holidays. It’s got all the flavors of this time of year, and I love them all.
- crunchy apple slices (coated in lemon juice to prevent browning)
- salty feta cheese
- sweet Craisins
- pungent red onion slices
- the BEST candied pecans
- and a simple sweet and tangy apple cider vinaigrette
If you aren’t spinach lovers like we are, you could go with a different mixture of greens. Any will work.
Have ya’ll ever made candied nuts? Because it’s a MUST for this recipe.
My recipe for Candied Pecans is simple.
- pecan halves
- egg whites
You bake them for about 45 minutes, and then store them in an airtight container or ziplock bags. Oh, and these make a great gift (in cute little mason jars).
I always make sure to have SOMETHING green on my holiday table. It’s a requirement, because after all the cheesy, buttery, sugary things, you need something on the healthy’ish list. You can prep most of it in advance, and just add the dressing right before serving.
Make this salad next: Spinach Salad with Avocado and Goat Cheese
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Candied Pecan and Apple Holiday Salad
A delicious Holiday Salad with fresh greens, candied pecans, Honey Crisp apples, feta cheese, and Craisins.
For the salad:
- 12-14 cups baby spinach leaves - or other greens
- 1/2 cup red onion - sliced thin
- 1/2 cup feta cheese - crumbled
- 3/4 cup Craisins
- 1 1/2 cup candied pecans - see homemade recipe
- 2 large honey crisp apples - sliced thin
- 1/2 large lemon - freshly squeezed
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a salad dressing bottle or a mason jar. Shake vigorously and set aside.
- Core and slice the apple. Coat with freshly squeezed lemon to preserve color.
- In a large serving bowl, arrange spinach leaves, red onion, feta cheese, Craisins, candied pecans, and apple slices. Right before serving, pour dressing over salad and mix to combine.
- You may not need all the dressing so be conservative with the pouring.
- This salad is pretty large. You can change the serving size directly in the recipe for a smaller amount.
- You won't need an entire recipe of candied pecans, but those freeze well, so just use what you need and freeze the rest.
- Low sugar Craisins can be substituted for regular ones.