Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes are an impressive fall dessert, simple to make and so delicious. These little no-bake delicacies start with a graham cracker crust, followed with a pumpkin cream cheese mixture, and then are topped with some whipped cream. So good!
Oh how I love a nice cool fall day. After 27 years of living in HOT Texas, I’m always thrilled when we exit the summer months and head toward the holidays. Cooler weather, leaves turning, windows open, and afternoon bike rides make me happy. Also PUMPKIN!
There is a hot debate on what’s better. Apples or Pumpkin. I’m neutral on this subject. If I’m enjoying something apple, I’m Team Apple. And if I’m consuming something pumpkin, I’m Team Pumpkin.
So let’s go Team PUMPKIN! These little jars?
- Easy to eat!
- Layered with so many flavors.
- A fun surprise for your family and friends.
- Portion controlled and super delish!
Ingredients needed for Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes:
- The Crust – graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter
- The Cream Cheese Layer – cream cheese (lightened up, if so desired), plain Greek yogurt, pumpkin, heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla, and a pinch of salt.
- The Whipped Cream Topping – heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
Possible variations to the above ingredients:
- Instead of graham crackers, try gingersnaps or vanilla wafers.
- You can use regular cream cheese, mascarpone cheese (even more decadent), more or less pumpkin, and extra powdered sugar if you have a real sweet tooth.
- Feel free to top this with chopped pecans!
How to make Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes:
- Make the graham cracker crust. Use a food processor to crush the graham crackers into crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a bowl and add sugar and melted butter. Stir to combine and then spoon into the four jars, adding about the same amount to each jar. Then use a round object (I used the end of an ice cream scoop.) to press the crumbs tightly.
- Whip the heavy cream. In a mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla – until stiff peaks form. This will take a few minutes. You will use half of this in the pumpkin layer, and the remaining half on top.
- Prep the pumpkin cream cheese layer. In another bowl, add the softened cream cheese, Greek yogurt, pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt. Blend with the mixer, and then fold in HALF of the heavy whipping cream. Spoon this mixture into the jars on top of the graham cracker crust. (I sometimes use a piping tool for neatness.)
- Finish assembling jars. Add the remaining whipped cream to the top of the jars, using a piping tool (if desired). Sprinkle with some extra graham cracker crumbs.
Storing: You can store these jars in the refrigerator for up to a day or so. But they are best served the first day. See below for the jars I use.
Canned Pumpkin verses Fresh?
- I vote for easy, so canned pumpkin all the way for me.
- However, some versions of canned pumpkin often contain versions of squash in addition to pumpkin, according to The Kitchn. But if you choose Libby, you are most likely getting real pumpkin.
Other pumpkin recipes for you to enjoy:
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
For the graham cracker crust:
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter – melted
For the whipped cream topping: (you will fold half of this into the cream cheese layer)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
For the cream cheese layer:
- 4 oz. cream cheese light
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- an extra sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs on the tops
For the graham cracker crust:
- Use a food processor to pulse the graham crackers to fine crumbs. Remove to a bowl, and add sugar and melted butter. Stir well to combine.
- Spoon the graham cracker mixture evenly into four 8 oz. mason jars. Use a round object (I used the handle of an ice cream scoop) to flatten the crumbs in the jars. Set aside.
For the whipped cream:
- Pour the heavy cream into a bowl, and add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. This will take a few minutes.
For the pumpkin layer:
- In another bowl, combine the cream cheese, plain Greek yogurt, pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt, and combine with a hand mixer. Then add half of the whipped heavy cream and fold it in with a spatula.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the graham cracker crust, dividing evenly among the four jars. You can also use a piping tool, if desired.
- Then add the remaining whipped cream to each jar, using a piping tool (if desired). Sprinkle with a few graham cracker crumbs. Refrigerate.