This Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is one of our favorite side dishes. Just a small bit of bacon adds the perfect salty kick.
I’m a Brussels sprouts lover. But back in the day? Nope, never. I wouldn’t touch them.
How do you turn a Brussels sprouts hater into a lover?
- Roast them in the oven.
- Coat them in olive oil.
- Season them. Salt, pepper, and whatever flavors you like. (Red pepper flakes? yes please.)
- Add bacon. So much flavor for just a few slices.
- Add parmesan cheese. Just a little bit is all it takes.
There. You’ve turned your picky eaters into Brussels sprouts LOVERS.
You’re welcome, folks.
I shared my Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes recipe over a year ago, and I’m always surprised to see how many people regularly search it. There are TONS of Brussels sprouts fans out there.
That is a VERY good thing.
Brussels sprouts are low in calories and nutritionally dense. They are especially rich in vitamin K, which is necessary for blood clotting and bone health. Also high in vitamin C, they help promote iron absorption, tissue repair, and immune properties. And of course, their high fiber content helps gut health and regularity.
In THIS recipe, you…
- shred the Brussels sprouts,
- combine them with bacon, olive oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes,
- roast them in your oven,
- add parmesan cheese, and then
Pro Tip: I use a sharp knife to slice the Brussels sprouts very thin. You could also use a mandolin, but be careful. I’ve cut myself too many times with that thing, so now I keep it in storage.
We demolish them EVERY time. So good and tasty. So healthy. Make them today.
Try this side dish next: Creamy Mushroom Risotto
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
- 1.5 pound brussels sprouts - trimmed and shaved thin
- 4 slices bacon - diced and partially cooked
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes - optional
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Prepare brussels sprouts. Trim and remove outer layers. Slice in half, and then finely slice each half.
Place shredded Brussels sprouts on baking sheet.
Dice bacon, and microwave to par-cook them. I microwaved them for about three minutes. Add bacon to pan.
Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until you start seeing brown bits on top. Remove and add parmesan cheese to top. Bake for another two minutes or so.
- Pro Tip: I use a sharp knife to slice the Brussels sprouts very thin. You could also use a mandolin, but be careful. I've cut myself too many times with that thing, so now I keep it in storage.
- You could use more bacon, of course.
- Red pepper flakes give this a perfect little kick, but could be omitted, if preferred.