Mini Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies are not only perfect for the holidays, but for anytime of year. The brown sugar in these makes them chewy and just the right amount of sweet!
Lately, oatmeal and Craisins are definitely our jam. We eat them in large quantities in my Peanut Butter Power Balls as well as my Cinnamon Nut Granola. So this recipe was a no-brainer, especially since I know how much my hubby likes them. Happy hubby, happy life…or something like that. 🙂
I actually got the idea for making them “mini” from a recent hotel stay, where they had a nightly tray of mini cookies out each evening. The perfect little bite for before bedtime. Because who doesn’t enjoy a little sweet before the actual sweet dreams?
Here’s what I love about these cookies:
- they’re chewy, not crumbly
- the brown sugar gives them a perfect sweet taste
- a little bit of cinnamon goes a long way
- the petite size for when you want just a few bites
- only 102 calories, each!
I love making these cookies to take along on trips. They came with us to Colorado for my nephew’s wedding, to Minneapolis for my niece’s wedding, and to a recent trip to San Antonio to see our youngest college boy. We take them on planes, in cars, and heck, maybe on trains next time! They freeze great too, and since they are mini, they don’t take up that much room in the freezer.
What kind of cookies are YOU making this holiday season? If you need some ideas, head to my Sweet Holiday Recipes for lots of choices.
Make these treats next: White Chocolate Oreo Truffles
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Mini Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies are not only perfect for the holidays, but for anytime of year. Oatmeal and cranberries are a truly great combination!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cranberries - Craisins
In a large standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add honey, egg, and vanilla - and mix again.
In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients - the oatmeal, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
Pour dry ingredients into mixer with wet - and mix until just combined. Don't over-mix.
Gently store in the Craisins. Store dough in refrigerator for at least two hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
Form dough into small balls, and place on baking sheets. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until cookies are light golden brown on top.
Remove to cooling racks.
- Make sure you use room temperature butter for these cookies.
- The dough should make 28 SMALL cookies, so make sure you make small cookie balls. OR make them bigger and bake them slightly longer.
- Instead of regular Craisins, you could use low-sugar Craisins.
- These stay fresh on the counter-top in an airtight container for up to three days.
- They freeze well (wrapped tightly) up to three months.