Add these simple Cranberry Brie Puff Pastry Bites to your holiday party platters! Just four-ingredients, this appetizer is quick to make and absolutely delicious as well!
Puff Pastry Bites
Note to self. Must make more recipes with puff pastry! (Have you tried my Puff Pastry Peach Tartlets?)
Seriously though, using puff pastry for simple appetizers or desserts should definitely be more of a thing, especially when the holidays are here and we’re looking for quick and easy. THIS is your solution.
Using leftover cranberry sauce is a win here, because it’s healthier and it tastes better too. BUT, the canned store-bought sauce will work in a pinch.
How this recipe came to be
If you are subscribed to my newsletter or follow me on instagram, you’ll know that I recently spent a long weekend in Nashville with three of my food blogger friends. We talked all things blogging, made a couple of delicious recipes for blog posts, and learned from each other. Oh, and let’s not forget the FOOD we enjoyed at some amazing Nashville hot-spots! I love these ladies!
THIS recipe was originally created by Rebecca from Devour Dinner. So thankful that she allowed us to re-create it while in our airbnb, and take our own photos of these delicious bites.
- Puff Pastry – These are easily found in most grocery stores, and should be refrigerated until used.
- Brie Cheese – You’ll need an 8 oz. wheel of cheese for this recipe.
- Cranberry Sauce – Make my homemade recipe (naturally sweetened) or use store-bought in a pinch.
- Fresh Rosemary – Using fresh rosemary will enhance the flavor.
- A sprinkle of salt – Optional, but delicious.
How to make Cranberry Brie Puff Pastry Bites
Make cranberry sauce. This naturally sweetened cranberry sauce is a simple four ingredient recipe, and tastes way better than store-bought sauce! See my recipe for further instructions.
Prep puff pastry. Take one sheet of puff pastry and place it on a clean surface that has been dusted with flour. Then slice it into 24 small rectangles.
Cube the brie. Cube the brie into 48 pieces. You can leave the outer coating on like shown, or remove it if you’d rather. Either way is fine.
Assemble bites. Use small mini muffin tins for this step. Place a piece of puff pastry in each one, squeezing the ends gently. Then place a cube of cheese on the puff pastry, and top it with a couple of teaspoons of cranberry sauce.
Bake. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven, for approximately 12-14 minutes, or until they are golden brown on top.
Serve. Serve the bites immediately, with a little sprig of fresh rosemary and a sprinkle of kosher salt.
Repeat with remaining ingredients. This makes 48 bites, so you can definitely only make 24 and save the ingredients for later.
No, you do not need to remove the rind before baking the brie. It is edible and barely noticeable after it’s baked in these bites. If you prefer to cut the rind off, you CAN, but it wastes a lot of cheese.
Yes, in place of the cranberry sauce, you can try a variety of jams (we love apricot or a spicy pepper jelly!) or even something savory, like pesto sauce.
You can fully prepare these and pop them in the refrigerator for several hours. Then just bake as directed.
You can freeze these after baking. Then just reheat in your oven straight from the freezer to crisp them up. Add rosemary AFTER baking.
Cranberry Brie Puff Pastry Bites
- 2 sheets puff pastry sheets – frozen
- 8 oz. brie cheese – cut into 48 squares
- 1 cup homemade cranberry sauce – or canned
- fresh rosemary
- a sprinkle of salt
- Thaw puff pastry in the refrigerator until just softened.
- Take one sheet of puff pastry and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll out gently to a rectangle. Slice into 24 rectangles. Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry.
- Use a mini muffin tin and lightly grease them. Pinch the rectangles, one at a time, on both ends of the rectangles and place in the muffin tins.
- Place the brie cheese chunks in the tins, followed by a tablespoon or so of cranberry sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh rosemary and a sprinkle of kosher salt.
- Serve immediately.