The perfect combination of raspberry smoothie and Nutella milkshake, these Raspberry Nutella Smoothies are easy to make and so delicious. The chocolate covered raspberries make them even more decadent!
Do you like smoothies or milkshakes best? Hey hey, now you can have your cake and eat it too! As in, THIS is both smoothie AND milkshake. I wasn’t sure what I should call it, but since there is more smoothie in it (as observed from the PINK layers), I went with yup, you guessed it. Smoothies. 🙂
Valentines is around the corner, and I love the idea of surprising my sweetheart with one of these. It’s pretty simple, but yet interesting and delicious. Don’t even bother with the $5 Hallmark card. These will do just fine.
How to layer the smoothie:
- Make the chocolate covered raspberries. Put them in the refrigerator to set.
- Combine the ice cream and Nutella. Set aside in the freezer.
- Whip together the smoothie layer.
- Assemble – smoothie layer, milkshake layer, smoothie layer, topped with chocolate covered raspberries.
These are NOT just any ordinary smoothies. They are Raspberry Nutella Smoothies!
This Raspberry Nutella Smoothies recipe can be adapted to make other fun surprises.
- Use frozen peaches and peach yogurt in the smoothie layer, and call it an Easter smoothie.
- Blend some pistachio ice cream (it’s green!) with frozen cherries in the smoothie layer, and call it a Christmas smoothie.
- Blend frozen blueberries in the smoothie layer and use plain vanilla ice cream, and call it a Patriotic smoothie.
So many options. Cheers, and happy everything!
P.S. My hand models below are Zach, on the left, and Mike, on the right. Guess who was getting most impatient with the picture taking process? 🙂 #hangry
Please let me know if you try these Raspberry Nutella Smoothies, and how you like them!
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram.
Raspberry Nutella Smoothies
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 large banana
- 1 5.3 oz. raspberry Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries - cleaned and patted dry
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli melting chocolate wafers
Dip the fresh raspberries in the melting chocolate. Set in the refrigerator.
Using a hand held mixer, cream together the vanilla ice cream and the Nutella, until creamy. Set in the freezer.
Using a blender, blend together the frozen raspberries, banana, Greek yogurt, and milk.
To assemble, layer the blended raspberries, then the ice cream/Nutella, and top with the remaining blended raspberries. Serve immediately with a couple of chocolate covered raspberries.