It’s holiday time, and you’re going to want to know How to make Sugared Cranberries for all the things. Three simple ingredients (cranberries, water, and sugar) will allow for the garnish on your holiday cocktails, and makes the perfect decor for your table.
This recipe is oh-so-easy, ya’ll. You’re definitely going to want to keep a large stash of these in your freezer for all the holiday things. I’ve already got mine all ready to go!
- Add some sugared cranberries to your Apple Cider Sangria, Holiday Cranberry Apple Sangria, Super Simple Cranberry Margaritas, or my latest, Holiday Cranberry Vodka Slush. All of these are perfect for parties with friends and family, and are pictured in the collage below.
- Include some on your Holiday Charcuterie Board for that extra pop of color. You can even eat these, although they are tart!
- Sprinkle some of these cranberries on your holiday tablescape. They make everything sparkle, just like we love our holiday decor!
Ingredients needed to make Sugared Cranberries:
Just three simple ingredients necessary – and one of them is water! 😀
- Cranberries – Use a bag of fresh cranberries that can be easily found in the grocery stores over the holidays.
- Water – You’ll need equal parts water and sugar to soak the cranberries. I use 1 1/2 cup of each one for a 12 oz. bag of cranberries.
- Sugar – Beside the sugar used to make the simple syrup (for soaking – see above), you’ll need more to coat the cranberries.
How to make Sugared Cranberries:
- Combine equal parts sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Cook until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, and add cranberries. Let this come to room temperature. You can place in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
- Drain cranberries over a measuring cup, catching the simple syrup to add to other cocktails (if desired).
- Place a wire rack on a baking sheet. Arrange cranberries on top of the wire rack and let them dry.
- When the cranberries are dry, remove them from the rack to the baking sheet, sprinkle sugar over the top, and then roll the cranberries in the sugar until they are well coated.
- Store sugared cranberries in an airtight container in the freezer.
Storing Sugared Cranberries: Just place the finished cranberries in an airtight container or a freezer bag, and store in the freezer for up to three months.
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
How to make Sugared Cranberries
- 12 oz. cranberries
- water and sugar ** - equal parts (use 1 ½ cups each)
- 1 cup sugar
- Combine equal parts sugar and water in a small saucepan. Cook until sugar is dissolved, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add cranberries. Let this come to room temp.
- Strain cranberries over a measuring cup. Use this simple syrup for other cocktails, if desired.
- Place a wire rack on a baking sheet. Spread cranberries on top to let them dry.
- Sprinkle sugar over the top, and roll the cranberries in the sugar. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.