How to make Sugared Cranberries
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share a commission.
It’s holiday time, and you’re going to want to know How to make Sugared Cranberries for all the things. Three simple ingredients (cranberries, water, and sugar) are needed o make a perfect garnish for your cocktails and add some sparkly decor for the most wonderful time of the year!
This recipe is oh-so-easy, y’all. You’re definitely going to want to keep a large stash of these in your freezer for all the holiday things. I’ve already got mine all ready to go!
- Add some sugared cranberries to your Apple Cider Sangria, Holiday Cranberry Apple Sangria, Super Simple Cranberry Margaritas, or my latest, Holiday Cranberry Vodka Slush. All of these are perfect for parties with friends and family, and are pictured in the collage below.
- Include some on your Holiday Charcuterie Board for that extra pop of color. You can even eat these, although they are tart!
- Sprinkle some of these cranberries on your holiday tablescape. They make everything sparkle, just like we love our holiday decor!
Ingredients needed for Sugared Cranberries:
Just three simple ingredients necessary – and one of them is water! 😀
- Cranberries – Use a bag of fresh cranberries that can be easily found in the grocery stores over the holidays.
- Water – You’ll combine water and sugar.
- Sugar – Some for the simple syrup and then extra to coat the cranberries.
How to make Sugared Cranberries:
Make simple syrup. Combine equal parts sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Cook until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently.
Add cranberries. Remove pan from heat and add cranberries. Stir for a minute or so and then let sit for a few more minutes.
Drain cranberries. Use a small colander or a slotted spoon to remove cranberries from the pan.
Place a wire rack on a baking sheet (lined with paper towels). Arrange cranberries on a wire rack and let them dry for about an hour or so.
Add sugar. When the cranberries are dry, remove them from the rack to the baking sheet (with paper towel), sprinkle sugar over the top, and then roll the cranberries in the sugar until they are well coated.
Store Sugared Cranberries. Place the sugared cranberries in an airtight container or a freezer bag, and store in the freezer for up to three months.
Kitchen Tools Used: (affiliate links)
How to make Sugared Cranberries
- 12 oz. cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Prepare a sheet pan with some paper towel. Add a wire rack to the top.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Cook until sugar is dissolved, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add cranberries. Stir well and let sit for a few minutes.
- Use a small colander or a slotted spoon to remove cranberries to the prepared sheet pan. Spread evenly on the wire rack to cool for about an hour.
- Remove cranberries to the sheet pan and add sugar, stirring with a spatula to coat.
- Place the sugared cranberries in an airtight container or a freezer bag, and store in the freezer for up to three months.
We will be giving these a try this year – they look perfect for the margaritas. Cheers!
Great to hear, Tom! Merry Christmas!
I make this for the syrup and the sugared cranberries to use in sangria and margaritas.
Great idea, Shari! 🙂
Yep – That pro tip I was looking for! So cool when added to drinks at parties. ?
You do like my pro-tips! 🙂
I have made these and they are an excellent addition to holiday cocktails. So pretty!!!
Yay! They are so fun this time of year! Glad you enjoyed them, Shari. 🙂