Anti-Inflammatory Golden Milk is an important recipe for anyone fighting sickness or injury. The Turmeric is the vital component of this drink, and the combination of ingredients tastes really good!
I’ve been living with chronic pain for more than half of my life. So instead of relying solely on ibuprofen, I like to mix up this natural Anti-inflammatory Golden Milk for a change of pace. I’ve really just begun drinking it, so I’m hoping that it helps. It can’t hurt, in my opinion.
Chronic pain is no joke. It’s a roller coaster, and while some days are pretty great and pain-free, others are not.
Just six ingredients are needed for this anti-inflammatory drink:
- Milk – Use your favorite milk. I like to use regular 1% or 2%.
- Turmeric – A spice that comes from the turmeric plant, used in cooking, and also useful for healthy reasons.
- Ginger – Also used for medicinal benefits, especially for upset stomach.
- Cinnamon – Again, cinnamon has medicinal properties, but is mostly used for flavor in a variety of cuisines.
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper – Black pepper is needed when paired with Turmeric.
- Honey – For a little sweetener.
How to make Anti-Inflammatory Golden Milk:
- Just combine everything in a small saucepan, and whisk until nice and warm.
- Pour it into your favorite cup/mug, and sip it while sitting in a cozy, relaxing chair!
I’ve gotta admit. I was scared of the taste of turmeric, but with the addition of cinnamon and honey, this drink is super tasty! I really hope you try it!
Anti-inflammatory Benefits. YES please.
Curcumin is the ingredient in Turmeric that provides the anti-inflammatory benefit. It’s helpful to take it with black pepper for better absorption into the bloodstream, which is why freshly ground black pepper is an ingredient in my recipe.
While acute (short-term) inflammation can be beneficial to help the body fight foreign invaders, it can become a problem when it becomes chronic (or long-term). Turmeric can be helpful in fighting many of these chronic conditions, including heart disease, cancer, metabolic syndrome, Alzheimer’s, arthritis, depression, and various other degenerative conditions.
Due to my mother having Alzheimer’s, my sisters and I have been taking a turmeric supplement as well. I order mine from Amazon and here’s what I take…Turmeric Curcumin Capsules.
The jury is still out as to whether it is working or not. 🙂
Make this anti-inflammatory recipe next: Anti-Inflammatory Chicken Ginger Soup
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Anti-Inflammatory Golden Milk
- 1 1/2 cups milk – I use 1%
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- cinnamon stick for serving
- In a small saucepan, combine milk, honey, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and black pepper. Heat on medium until warm, whisking occasionally.
- Pour into a mug, and serve with an extra sprinkle of cinnamon, and a cinnamon stick.
- This recipe can easily be multiplied for multiple servings.