The weather is warming up here in Texas, and it’s time to bring out all the frozen things. Strawberry Lemonade Frozen Margaritas combine frozen strawberries, frozen lemonade, fresh limes, tequila and triple sec. Serve these margs with a salty rim and a lime wedge, and let’s get this party started!
It’s time to dust off the margarita glasses, friends, and make all the pretty yummy things. I love a good marg, especially when the weather is warm – which is like half a year here in the south. Pool time, a couple of margs, and a few friends to enjoy happy hour is perfection.
Do you know what’s really awesome about THESE frozen margaritas? You can easily make these in advance, pour them into a large container, and freeze them for later. I usually buy a large bag of frozen strawberries, and make as many batches as I have strawberries. Works great!
Ingredients needed for Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Margaritas:
You can make these margs pretty quickly. Like 10 minutes!
- Frozen Strawberries – Buy the frozen strawberries with no sugar added.
- Frozen Lemonade – You’ll need one 12 oz. can of frozen lemonade.
- Lime Juice – Freshly squeezed lime juice from two limes needed.
- Tequila – Use a good quality tequila for best results (and less headache possibility).
- Triple Sec – I like to use Cointreau for all my margs.
- Ice Cubes – About 1.5 cups for each pitcher.
- To serve – Use a salt rim, lime wedges, and fresh strawberries to make these pretty!
How to make Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Margaritas:
- Prepare glasses (if serving immediately). Run a lime wedge around the rim of glasses. Dip into a plate of salt (or sugar works as well). Decorate glasses with a lime wedge and a few fresh strawberries.
- Start with the liquid ingredients. In a large blender, combine the tequila, triple sec, and lime juice.
- Add everything except the ice. Next, add the frozen strawberries and frozen lemonade, and pulse until smooth.
- Add the ice. Slowly add the ice while the blender is running, and blend until smooth.
- Serve or store. If making ahead of time, pour margs into a storage container, and freeze. If serving fresh, pour into prepared glasses.
- Make extra batches. If desired, make extra batches, pour into storage container, and freeze for later.
Snacks that go great with frozen margs:
- The BEST Chunky Guacamole! – Have you tried this yet? It’s time to try it now. It’s the BEST! 😀
- Crazy Good Corn Dip – Yes, CRAZY good. It’s not light, but worth it for special occasions.
- Creamy Jalapeño Queso – All the spiciness in this one. Perfection!
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers – My second most popular appetizer on the blog!
Kitchen Tools I used for this recipe:
- Vitamix – Or use any large blender.
- Margarita Glasses – These are perfect for large servings!
- Citrus Press – This press comes in handy in many of my recipes.
Make these margaritas next: Orange Jalapeño Margaritas
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Strawberry Lemonade Frozen Margaritas
- 12 oz. frozen lemonade
- 6 oz. silver tequila
- 3 oz. orange cointreau
- 2 large limes – freshly squeezed
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 1.5 cups ice cubes
- salt or sugar for rim of glasses – to serve
- lime wedges and fresh strawberries – to serve
- Prepare margarita glasses by running a lime wedge around the rims, and then dipping in kosher salt (or sugar works too). Then decorate outside of glass with a lime and strawberry slice, if desired.
- In a large blender, combine the frozen lemonade, tequila, orange cointreau, and lime juice. Blend.
- Add the frozen strawberries, and blend again. Then add the ice (as much or little as you like for your desired consistency.
- Serve immediately, or store in a storage container in your freezer.
- If freezing, I recommend making multiple batches. These margaritas freeze well for several months.