This Creamy Avocado Dressing combines avocado, Greek yogurt, cilantro, jalapeño, olive oil, and seasonings. Top your favorite salads, burrito bowls, nachos, or heck anything – with this delicious and flavorful dressing!
I’m a huge fan of Mexican cuisine, and I love making up a big batch of burrito bowls or taco salads or quesadillas or…anything that strikes my fancy. Over time, I’ve realized that the sauce is the deal breaker. You MUST make a good sauce or dressing for anything Tex-Mex, and that’s why I’m so excited to share this one with you!
Reasons to love this dressing:
- It’s perfectly creamy due to the avocado and yogurt, and a good food processor or blender.
- A little bit spicy with some jalapeño (but not too much!) and ground cumin.
- SO flavorful with a “just-right” combo of ingredients.
- And unbelievably easy to make and stores nicely in the refrigerator for several days.
Ingredients needed for Creamy Avocado Dressing:
- Avocado – One perfectly ripe, large avocado needed for this dressing.
- Yogurt – I used plain Greek yogurt, but you could use sour cream, or some of both.
- Cilantro – A big handful, or as much as you like.
- Jalapeño – One half of a jalapeño is the perfect amount of “spice, but not too spicy”.
- Seasonings – Cumin, garlic powder, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Lime – Use one large lime, freshly squeezed.
- Olive Oil – Two tablespoons needed. You could also use more, if desired.
- Water – Start with 1/4 cup of cold water, and use more if you want a thinner consistency.
How to make Creamy Avocado Dressing:
- Combine. Add all ingredients to a food processor (or blender). Pulse until well combined.
- Test. If you want a thinner consistency, add a bit more cold water. Check seasonings and add more if needed.
- Serve. Serve this yumminess over top all the Tex-Mex things.
Drizzle this dressing over all the things!
- Beef and Bean Nachos – Sheet pan dinner or snack for the win!
- Easy Fish Tacos – A family and friend favorite recipe, without a doubt.
- Mexican Quinoa Salad – I love making a big batch and eating it for breakfast for days. 😀
- Chicken Burrito Bowls – Another favorite recipe on the blog.
Kitchen Tools used for this recipe:
Try this salad dressing next: Skinny Chipotle Ranch Dressing
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt – or sour cream, or even a combo of both
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1/2 large jalapeño – without seeds
- 1 large lime – freshly squeezed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons water – or more, to thin dressing
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper – to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until creamy. Add additional water if needed to thin to your desired consistency.
- Store dressing in refrigerator.