Classic Skinny Margaritas combine tequila, orange liqueur, fresh lime juice, and plenty of ice. These contain no added sugar, but are plenty strong. Rim the glasses with salt and lime wedges, and sip away.
These margaritas are as good as they look. Actually, better! In fact, I’ll never EVER use that sugary pre-mix again.
The reason that these margaritas are SKINNY is because they contain zero added sugar. Most margaritas are made with a simple syrup or that bottled pre-mix that is full of sugar. With my recipe, you are using good quality alcohol and FRESH lime juice, which makes all the difference in the world. You won’t miss the sugar AT ALL.
Head’s up: These are strong. I recommend sipping very slowly. The ice will dilute them, but they still contain plenty of alcohol.
Ingredients needed for Classic Skinny Margaritas:
- Tequila – Use a good quality silver tequila, because there is a lot of it in this cocktail!
- Triple Sec – Use Cointreau for best results.
- Lime Juice – Use fresh limes and use a citrus press to squeeze about 4 ounces of juice from the limes. Or use your muscles. You’ll need about four large limes, or six small ones.
- Ice – You’ll need plenty of ice to fill the glasses, and in the cocktail shaker. Dilution of these margs are crucial, because they are quite strong.
Kitchen Tools needed:
- Citrus Press – This press comes in handy in many of my recipes.
- Margarita Glasses – These are perfect for large servings!
- Cocktail Shaker – Needed to make the margs cold and dilute them slightly. You could also use a mason jar.
How to make Classic Skinny Margaritas:
- Prep. Prepare your margarita glasses by running a lime wedge around the rims of the glasses. Dip the glasses in a plate of salt. Slice a lime into slices, and hang a few from the rims of the glasses. Fill your glasses about halfway with ice.
- Squeeze limes. Take the citrus press, and squeeze enough limes to equal about 4 ounces of juice.
- Mix. Using a cocktail shaker, add a bunch of ice (to about halfway). Add the lime juice, the tequila, and the triple sec. Shake vigorously.
- Pour. Pour the margarita mix into the glasses.
Perfect snacks to pair with these skinny margaritas:
- The BEST Chunky Guacamole – A super easy 5-ingredient recipe, that is just the right amount of spicy.
- Crazy Good Corn Dip – A family recipe that we just can’t get enough of!
- Creamy Jalapeño Queso – You can never go wrong with queso. Just sayin.
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers – These are a very popular appetizer on the blog, and for good reason!
The countdown is on to Cinco de Mayo, and these drinks are definitely making an appearance for a party. Remember to sip slowly, eat plenty, and most importantly, DON’T DRIVE.
Try these margaritas next: Blackberry Peach Frozen Margaritas
Please let know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment and leave a review on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like my Facebook Page, follow me on Pinterest, and catch me on Instagram.
Classic Skinny Margaritas
Classic Margaritas combining a good tequila, triple sec, fresh lime juice, and plenty of ice. Skip the simple syrup to make these skinny!
- 8 oz. tequila – good quality
- 4 oz. orange liqueur – good quality
- 4 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice (approx 4 limes) – NOT OPTIONAL
- lots of ice
- kosher salt for rim of glass
- extra lime slices for serving
Prepare 4 small (or 2 large) margarita glasses by rubbing lime along the rims and dipping them in a bowl of kosher salt. Fill glasses with plenty of ice.
Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add half of the tequila, triple sec, and FRESHLY SQUEEZED lime juice and shake vigorously.
Pour into two margarita glasses and garnish with lime. Repeat for remaining two glasses, and serve.