Crunchy Asian Cabbage Salad is a classic pot-luck dish that I’ve made a million times. I tweaked the recipe slightly, by adding shelled edamame and adjusting the salad dressing. Still SO good and an easy recipe I keep coming back to again and again!
I’ve made this recipe sooooooooo many times. I’m confident that many of you have as well. Instead of using the one in my recipe box (from back in the day), I’ve created a slightly fresher and healthier version.
- I added shelled edamame, red cabbage, and some additional shredded carrots.
- Instead of refined sugar, I used honey in it’s place.
I use VERY little refined sugar in any dressing recipes I make now. Honey is just as good, and it’s healthier – so why not? The edamame is super tasty too, and a good addition to an Asian recipe.
This Crunchy Asian Cabbage Salad is THE perfect potluck salad. It’s super simple to make, as you can buy the packaged cabbage slaw and shredded carrots. I added some red cabbage for extra crunch.
Hence the description – CRUNCHY!
The other crunch consists of:
- slivered almonds
- uncooked ramen noodles
- sunflower seeds
ALL toasted for extra CRUNCH.
Today is the 4th of July and it’s perfect timing for this salad. I’ve made it twice this week – partly because I was testing it, and partly because it’s so good.
Go grab the ingredients —-> and take it to your P O T L U C K! 🙂
A few other great potluck salad recipes are the following.
- Creamy Potato Salad – my mom’s awesome recipe
- Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad – one of my all-time favs
- Mexican Quinoa Salad with Fresh Corn – a recent obsession
Please let me know if you try this Crunchy Asian Cabbage Salad, and how you like it (or not)!
You can stay up-to-date with SueBee Homemaker by:
- signing up for post updates (top right-hand corner of my blog)
- liking my Facebook Page
- and following me on Pinterest
I’m also sharing tidbits of my life on Instagram. 🙂
- 16 oz package cabbage slaw
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage - chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup green onions - diced
- 8 oz. shelled edamame
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 3 oz. package ramen noodles - broken into pieces
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds - salted
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons soy sauce - I use reduced sodium
- salt and pepper - to taste
Mix the salad dressing ingredients together and refrigerate.
Microwave the shelled edamame according to package directions. Remove from package to cool.
Spread the ramen noodle pieces and slivered almonds in a large saucepan. Toast on medium heat, just until you can smell them and they are slightly browned. Remove from heat to a paper towel to cool.
Combine the cabbage slaw, red cabbage, shredded carrots, and green onions in a large bowl. Add cooled edamame, ramen noodles, slivered almonds, and sunflower seeds. Stir to combine.
Drizzle dressing over the salad and stir. Serve immediately.
This salad can also be prepared by adding the dressing about an hour before serving. Don't add the ramen, almonds, and sunflower seeds until serving, or they will get too soft.