Beef and Bean Nachos are a perfect party food that everyone will love. Bake for just 15 minutes, top with your favorite condiments, and dig in. Let’s get this party started!
There are so many flavors coming together in these nachos.
- blue and regular corn chips
- beef and bean mixture (see recipe below)
- sliced cheddar and shredded Mexican cheese
- avocados and jalapeños
- sour cream
- tomatoes and cilantro
Are you drooling yet? I am!
The meat and bean mixture for these nachos is the same recipe I use for tacos. I actually used the leftovers to create this recipe. It’s one of those recipes that you can use in so many ways, which is why I usually make a double batch of it. I use this recipe for..
- taco salads
I used about 5 cups of the beef and bean concoction for the nachos. Using a 15 x 10 sheet pan, just line with parchment paper and then start layering. Make sure you put the cheese slices on top of the chips in order to help them from getting too soggy from the beef and beans.
blue & reg corn chips –> cheddar cheese slices –> beef and bean mixture –> repeat –> favorite toppings
RESULTS –> Yum Yum
I’m totally on a Mexican food kick lately. I LOVE how easy these recipes are, and I usually put a healthy spin on it. My Beef and Bean Nachos, however, are probably NOT on the healthy list, but I DID use lean ground beef. In case you’ve forgotten, here are a few of my other favorite Mexican recipes. SO good!
- Easy Fish Tacos wit Avocado Crema
- Chicken Fajita Salad with Fresh Salsa Dressing
- Huevos Rancheros Tostadas
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas
If you are just interested in easy party fare to go WITH these yummy nachos, try these recipes:
- Chunky Guacamole
- Easy Homemade Salsa and chips
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Classic Skinny Margaritas
And there you go. You are set for your party. Ole! 🙂
Please let me know in the comment section below if you make these Beef and Bean Nachos, or any of my recipes! I love to hear from my readers. You can also tag me on social media! I’m on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Bloglovin’, and Yummly. 🙂 Thanks for reading along!
AND…if you want to receive an email to notify you when I post, please sign up in the top right corner of my site! 🙂
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - diced
- 1 1/4 pound ground beef - 93% lean
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 15 oz. can black beans - rinsed and drained
- 1 8 oz. can Mexicorn - drained
- 1 15 oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes - drained
- 1/2 cup salsa - any kind
- 1 small can green chilies
- 5 oz. blue and corn tortilla chips each - I used about 1/2 bag of each type
- 8 oz. sliced cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 large avocado - sliced
- sour cream light - to serve
- cilantro - to serve
Heat a medium saucepan on the stove and add olive oil. When hot, add onion and sauté until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for 30 more seconds.
Add ground beef, cumin, salt and pepper - and cook until brown and crumbled. Drain excess grease and return to pot.
Add beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa, and chilies. Stir and continue to cook for about 15 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line a medium sheet pan with parchment paper. Layer chips, sliced cheese, meat and bean mixture. Repeat by adding more chips, sliced cheese, meat and bean mixture. Add shredded cheese to the top and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
To serve, top with cherry tomatoes, avocado slices, sour cream light, and cilantro.
You will not use all of the meat and beans for these nachos. I use them in tacos too, or even in a taco salad.